Egg recipes!

Associate
I have acquired 72 eggs from work last night. I only just woke up because I got home at 6am. The eggs expire today!

I need some multiple egg recipes! This is about quantity not quality! I only have less than 10 hours! Thats about an egg every 10 minutes!

I also have 3 boxes (18 bottles) of open wine so I presume they'll go bad today as well. Better get started.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
If you have a decent fridge the eggs will keep for up to another month. They've only gone bad if they float in water. Not a particular interesting solution, but true nontheless.

Soldato
Strange, i'm just tucking into some scrambled egg with ham chucked in on toast :)

Btw eating that many eggs really can't be good for you, I imagine you'll end up spewing/pooing like a man possessed after 20.

The pickeling idea is by far the most practical! Get searching for some exotic pickeling recepies.

Soldato
My own personal quiche recipe.... as I find some quiches a bit stodgy and prefer mine a little creamier:

Bacon & Cheese Quiche

1lb Short crust pastry
1 Pack bacon chopped
1 onion chopped
tbsp oil
2 oz butter
2 ½ oz Plain flour
12 fl oz milk
7 oz Grated cheese
6 eggs
Salt & pepper
3 tbsp chives

Pre-heat oven to 190°c. Grease a 10 inch square ovenproof dish. Roll out pastry to fit the dish (bottom and sides) and line the dish with it.

Fry the bacon and onions in the oil until just cooked. Drain the oil and juices and put the bacon and onion aside. In a bowl whisk the eggs, chives and season with salt & pepper.

Melt butter in a pan, add flour then milk (whisking while doing so to make a roux sauce). One the sauce is smooth add the cheese (keep a little aside for the top of the quiche) and stir until it melts. Allow the sauce to cool a little, then whisk in the eggs a little at a time. Then stir in the bacon and onions.

Pour mixture into the lined dish. Sprinkle the remaining cheese onto the top. Bake for 25-30 minutes (until golden and set).

Bacon and onion can be substituted for other meat, fish or vegetables to taste.

Bes

Bes

Soldato
Andelusion said:
Btw eating that many eggs really can't be good for you, I imagine you'll end up spewing/pooing like a man possessed after 20.
Nah you'd be good for at least 10 a day I reckon... I used to eat 4 each morning, (and sometimes a couple more later in the day) and suffered no ill- effects. (cost a bloody fortune tho!)

Back
Top Bottom