ntl standard channels

Suspended
We had NTL installed yesterday and we dont even have sky sports news! You can get this on freeview so what the hell is going on here?

The only only decent channels we get now are gold and sky one, dont even get discovery or chellenge, how can i live with out takeshi's castle!

Suspended
OP
I know, but we needed to get a tv package to get ntl broadband, that or go with another company but then we would need to get a BT line aswell

Soldato
geeza said:
I know, but we needed to get a tv package to get ntl broadband, that or go with another company but then we would need to get a BT line aswell

thats not true, broadband is available on its own

chnaces are you have the select pack

Suspended
OP
but why is sky sports news not even included in the select pack. you get that channel with freeview! or do we need to plug freeview into out set top box to get more channels, seems a bit stupid to me?

Soldato
Freeview is completely unrelated to ntl. Becuase Freeview has a channel does not mean the ntl will and vice versa.

As an aside has anybody noticed that you get PERFECT FM stereo radio thorugh your ntl cable? Even some of the local stations and Medium Wave stations are on this FM feed.

Soldato
dmpoole said:
Compared to what?
Its got nearly every channel thats on SKY - so yes its pretty dire.
Nearly every channel available on Sky. However, to get nearly every channel available on NTL costs £49/month (Family pack + Sky Sports & Movies Collection + Sky Sports Xtra) and requires a minimum of a £11/month phone package in addition. More channels are available from Sky for £42.50/month (with a Sky+ STB for a £99 one-off fee).

I guess I'll retract my original statement — that "on the whole, the NTL cable channel line-up is pretty dire" — but the fact remains that you can't get as many channels from NTL as you can from Sky, and NTL are less cost-effective in doing so :)

Man of Honour
Al Vallario said:
I guess I'll retract my original statement — that "on the whole, the NTL cable channel line-up is pretty dire" — but the fact remains that you can't get as many channels from NTL as you can from Sky, and NTL are less cost-effective in doing so :)

However, my mate has just moved house. His bill for the month for phone, broadband and the full SKY package was around £90 in his old house :eek:
He noticed the NTL cables, rang up NTL and had everything off them instead and now pays £65 a month. He was on SKY for at least 5 years and now he's well chuffed with NTL.
I know which one I would go for if I was in the market.

Back
Top Bottom