Where "celebs" went in 2nd world war?

Soldato
In the 2nd world war, did the "celebrities" of those times if you can call them that, have to join up in the army, and like what happened to the Jew and other minorities celebrities hitler killed? did they get killed aswell?
just wondering lol
cheers

Suspended
salami1212 said:
what happened to the Jew and other minorities celebrities hitler killed? did they get killed aswell?
just wondering lol
cheers

The people who were killed did get killed, yes. lol. :rolleyes:

Celebrities in those days were singers, presenters, government and royalty. All 4 kept their jobs, the first two for moral/general entertainment, and the last two for obvious state reasons.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
James Stewart fought in the second world war if I remember rightly. I don't know to what extent though.

Soldato
OP
Chronos-X said:
The people who were killed did get killed, yes. lol. :rolleyes:

Celebrities in those days were singers, presenters, government and royalty. All 4 kept their jobs, the first two for moral/general entertainment, and the last two for obvious state reasons.

i mean the jewish celebrities say in Poland, when germany took over poland, did they kill them?

Soldato
The celebs of those times were not like the celebs of today. We have diluted the title of celeb with the likes of Jade Goody. Id also like to note that WW2 discussion should not be accompanied by lol. Its just wrong.

Infact, ive just had an idea. We should send our rubbish celebs to do battle.

Big Battle Brother.

Zip

Zip

Soldato
We had a whole heap of Professional Rugby and Footballers go over and and fight and get killed in WW2.

So i would say yes.
Oh and at the time Americas Baseball league almost went to a halt for awhile because of all the people going to war.

Soldato
OP
gord said:
The celebs of those times were not like the celebs of today. We have diluted the title of celeb with the likes of Jade Goody. Id also like to note that WW2 discussion should not be accompanied by lol. Its just wrong.

Infact, ive just had an idea. We should send our rubbish celebs to do battle.

Big Battle Brother.

yea, sorry about that "lol"
didnt mean it like that, just that i generally say it if its a random thread or something

Zip

Zip

Soldato
vanpeebles said:
i never said they wernt, but big film stars had more power than a footballer, in terms of if they drafted etc

I forgot you lot were drafted :o

Ours all went voluntarily(they got paid equiverlent of 50AUcents a day IIRC)

Back
Top Bottom