Is insurance really this bad?

Soldato
Ive been looking at cars (as you do) on autotrader, for my first car. I was just looking at clio's and looked at this.
clio 1.2 1998

!!!!FOR THE RECORD I AM NOT GETTING THIS CAR, IT WAS JUST TO CHECK HOW MUCH INSURANCE IS!!!!!

Check on tesco insurance and it came to about £1980 :eek:
Thats for it to start when i turn 18 in september. Surely it cant be that high? People at work around the same age of me are getting cars insured for around 1200/1300

I will also be doing pass plus but on the tesco car insurance website there is nowhere to enter this, do i just put 1 year no claims instead?

Last edited:
Soldato
:eek:

just done a quote for my car on NU, £2291.99 fully comp :eek:, luckily i dont have to pay :o

going by that i'd say your quote sounds about right, but i cant imagine NU and tesco are the cheapest

also what postcode are you in? theres a list of postcodes and their risk levels in the sticky

Soldato
You really need to shop around with insurance quotes - each company will be different for each person and their circumstances.

The only way to get the best quote is to check them all.

Soldato
just noticed a "rapid bonus" thing on NU, quote is now £1764.43 so might be worth a look?

edit - according to the sticky WF15 is a fairly good postcode

Soldato
Andr3w said:
It was £2479.00 at NU :eek:

so a 1.2 with LESS power, worth LESS, LESS desirable, HIGHER milage, SLOWER, OLDER costs more to insure??? must be the alloys :p

i'm 18 too so situation is exactly the same as yours, must be the postcode but you're only 3 groups lower

Soldato
OP
Smiley Man said:

so a 1.2 with LESS power, worth LESS, LESS desirable, HIGHER milage, SLOWER, OLDER costs more to insure??? must be the alloys :p

i'm 18 too so situation is exactly the same as yours, must be the postcode but you're only 3 groups lower

What car you got, how much is your insurance ?

Soldato
Andr3w said:
ill check that now ^^

On sites how do i go about putting in pass plus?
Most people you need to call up to give them pass plus details. If you do the 0ncb quote then shave 30-40% off it should be about right though (remembering you will not get online discount over the phone so add that back on before calculating the PP discount).

insure supermarket found my cheapest quote this year, Barclays!

Also, what the is the point in getting quotes on a car you have no interest in buying?

Back
Top Bottom