Xbox 360 to non-TV speakers

Soldato
I'm trying to connect my Xbox 360 to my CD player's speakers, but no idea how to go about it.

Do I have to buy anything else to do it, or can you do it right out of the box (excuse the pun :p)?

Associate
how do you connect to tv? via component, vga, scart, composite?
there are 2 plugs red and white which are audio cables, plug them into ** AUX input of your stereo, selected AUX on your cd player and you'll hear your xbox :p

Man of Honour
As MichaelHo has said, but I'll add:

Depending upon your CD player, you may or may not be able to use the speakers.

If it's a cheap, single unit, it may or may not have auxilary input, if it does, it should either be Stereo Phono input (Red/White), or a stereo 3.5mm jack. If the latter, then you need an adapter such as this:
http://www.kebg13493.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/pics/xboxspeaker.GIF

It's a little crude, but you'll get what you might need from that. What make/model is it your CD player? I could find out specifically what you need if you can find out.

Soldato
OP
Thanks, but I just got a new TV which has very good audio, so there's no need now.

DaveyD: heh, no idea about the model, got it about 2 years ago.

Associate
ok then guys, my question is i can connect the xbox to my cd player and the speakers are behind me, i can connect the xbox to the tv, and those speakers are in front of me, but i can't do both at the same time, or can i?

At the moment i am using the standard cable that came with the box(was delivered this morning, yay!) and my cd player has the old red and white connectors in it.

Find me an answer!

On a side note, OMG PGR3 rocks my socks! Looks stunning even on a standard tv, just need to get myself a memory card to last me till i get paid so i can buy the harddrive.

Man of Honour
If your TV has an output as well as an input for sound, then you can do it reasonably easily, buy just getting some 5m / 10m long phono cables and connecting the output from the TV in front to the input of the CD player behind you.

If the TV doesn't have output connections, I believe you should be able to split the sound at the inputs at the TV with something like these:

Then again connecting a longer pair of phono cables to the connections of the left of the pic to the input of the CD player.

Back
Top Bottom