Equilibrium

Soldato
Haha... did anyone see this one? Apart from the dodgy unconvincing CGI and blatant Matrix rips it was quite amusing, although I am sure I was laughing when I wasn't supposed to.

Soldato
Excellent film.
First got a chance to see it when I was making up numbers in a "five for...." deal at HMV and I had 4 DVD's I really wanted and needed a fifth.
Excellent film, some great fighting sequences and the gunfighting technique art is excellent.

Associate
I thought it was quite poorly made but its overall meaning was good. The worst parts of the film for me were the fight scenes. I don't know why they put stuff like that into otherwise good films and make it trashy. Actually I do, it's to make it sell to a wider audience :\ Woe is capitalism!

Soldato
i liked it. some nice idea's (along with some pretty trite ones though i admit).
plus it pretty much defines "cyberpunk". ie dark future, fascist regime, reluctant hero etc.

Soldato
what a pile of toss!
it took the worst bits of almost every Sci-fi film.As for the Reference to Citizen Kane, well it just was not worthy of it.
I made myself watch it in the hope that it would at least have some originality in it but no such luck.I started to compile a list of all the films that it was stealing scenes from by the end.

Soldato
Bill101 said:
what a pile of toss!
it took the worst bits of almost every Sci-fi film.As for the Reference to Citizen Kane, well it just was not worthy of it.
I made myself watch it in the hope that it would at least have some originality in it but no such luck.I started to compile a list of all the films that it was stealing scenes from by the end.

bah we dont care. Show me an origianl film then. Equilibrium is one of my favourites.

Soldato
seek said:
plus it pretty much defines "cyberpunk". ie dark future, fascist regime, reluctant hero etc.

It doesn't really, imo :p

Cyberpunk's a whole aesthetic thing to me as well...

Aaaanyways that doesn't really matter, I love Equilibrium personally, top film :)

Soldato
If you watch it for what it is, it's a good film with some very good gun kata. If you take it too seriously, you'll miss the whole point of it :p.

In my opinion, a very good film :).

Associate
I got on DVD a few years back after a couple of recommendations (of the "omg you have to see this, way better than the matrix" type). I thought it was alright, did well considering the budget and the story is decent for an action movie. I really didn't like the gun-fight scenes much though, their whole explanation about the math behind it always seemed like a lame excuse for fairly weak scenes (no doubt brought about by the limited budget).

Soldato
Steedie said:
The last few scenes are fantastic, and the fights/gun battles match that of the first matrix film

Ouch, no way :\

I thought it was ok, didnt know what to expect. It was entertaining and i liked the idea of gun kata, as silly as it is. I just couldnt accept the premise of people not feeling emotion when they quite clearly smile and stuff all the way through the film.

Soldato
james.miller said:
a lot of them dont smile lol. Noly really partridge (Sean Bean), Preston at the end of the film (Bale) and Father (Sean Pertwee) really showed any emotion in the film. Oh and Presonts kids towards the end of the film.

And they only do that because they havent had their 'interval'.

Back
Top Bottom