Query about installing multiple copies of apps (OS X)

Associate
Hi folks.
First up, finally made the switch, and am now the owner of a brand new MBP 17in (2Gb RAM, 7200rpm 100GbHD). :cool:

As soon as I got it, reinstalled OS X (clean one), to get rid of stuff I don't need (only kept the Canon Print Drivers, and English+Japanese language only, dumped French, German etc etc).

So, at the moment, I'm in the process of installing apps etc that I think I'll need... which leads onto my question.

The Apple supplied Apps are multi-lingual as well as a few 3rd party ones. However, I've noticed that sometimes some 3rd party applications are mono-lingual. So, for example (such as with Firefox I think), you either download the English Firefox, or you download the Japanese Firefox. (For what it's worth, I'm going to get Camino now, rather than Firefox, but anyway).

In those situations, where there are two seperate installation files/dmgs/whatever for each language, what would be the best way to install both versions? Basically, I want to install a Japanese version of something for my wife's user account. Is there a specific place I should put them instead. Or, should I just create a 'Japanese' subfolder in the Application directory, and install into there instead of the root Application folder.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom