Skoda Felicia

Permabanned
Hey,

I wanted to know some of you car boffins opinions on the Skoda Felicia.

I thought of this cars as its cheap to buy, and i could do it up e.g. add alloys ect.

So what are your thoughts, technically and reliability ect?

Man of Honour
Absolutely NO, NO, NO, NO.

For reasons I'm still struggling to comprehend 5 years on we've had one in the family since 3 years old. I hate it. It's truely awful in every way bar reliability. It never, ever goes wrong.

Soldato
You could do far worse tbh, though they are pretty agricultural vehicles at best. Avoid the 1.3 engine if possible as it's a rattly old relic from Skoda's dark ages. The 1.6 is the far better VW engine.

A few hundred notes gets you basic reliable transport, and if you don't mind something with the speed and acceleration of a glacier, then you could even get a (non-turbo)diesel.

Associate
I've had one for two and a half years now, and its a great car, I've got the 1.3i version which cost me £600 when I bought it with on 30,000 miles on it. In the last 38,000 miles all thats needed doing are consumables; tyres, brake pads, timing chain, oil etc.

I would highly recommend them, obviously its not a fast car, but it doesn't look too bad and its much better built/more reliable than the equivalently priced cars.

Man of Honour
paulus69 said:
I've had one for two and a half years now, and its a great car, I've got the 1.3i version which cost me £600 when I bought it with on 30,000 miles on it. In the last 38,000 miles all thats needed doing are consumables; tyres, brake pads, timing chain, oil etc.

I would highly recommend them, obviously its not a fast car, but it doesn't look too bad and its much better built/more reliable than the equivalently priced cars.

It's absolutely not a great car. It is not built better than anything. The ONLY thing going for it is that it's reliable.

The interior plastics are utterly horrible, it screams cheap as possible from every direction. The equipment levels are absolutely dire. It doesn't handle, at all. You get comical bodyroll even negotiating a roundabout. The 1.3 litre engine is gruff, unfined, and absolutely gutless.

Seriously, the only good thing about is its reliability. I had the misfortune of driving one of these for 6 months.

Man of Honour
Rich1988 said:
200s or 400s are pretty common and there are a lot about for around the £500 mark

But nothing but trouble really. I mean AGW has a Rover of that cash and it's always falling to bits.

Soldato
Kroegen said:
Hey,

I wanted to know some of you car boffins opinions on the Skoda Felicia.

I thought of this cars as its cheap to buy, and i could do it up e.g. add alloys ect.

So what are your thoughts, technically and reliability ect?
NO NO NO NO

For the amount you would spend doing it up inc added insurance premium, put it towards a better car in the first place

Back
Top Bottom