LCD power cable

ajm

ajm

Associate
I have just purchased an lcd tv which is going to be wall mounted.The wall is solid brick covered with plaster not plasterboard.I am wanting to hide the power cable for the lcd tv.How do i do this the best way?

The power cable has a block like transformer with it looks something like...
images
With that awkward fat looking thing so far down the cable.

Mud

Mud

Soldato
Perhaps you could suspend the block at TV level (velcro to the back of the TV/wall?), then route the cable down a column (if it's long enough). Your wall does make it difficult (nigh impossible) to route it neatly.

ajm

ajm

Associate
OP
That would be a good idea for me,but the cable from the block to wall socket is only short so will not reach the socket.I don't mind chisleing out the plaster to route the wire in but that (fat looking thing) will be the problem if i ever need to be at the cable for any reason.

Soldato
ajm said:
That would be a good idea for me,but the cable from the block to wall socket is only short so will not reach the socket.I don't mind chisleing out the plaster to route the wire in but that (fat looking thing) will be the problem if i ever need to be at the cable for any reason.
Know any electronics/hobby sort of shops?

Perhaps any uni students study an electronics course?

They could all extend the cable.

You could even do it yourself but I would recommend doing it properly with a soldering iron and some heatshrink tubing.

Are you any good with that sort of thing?

Soldato
Why not just get an extention lead and put the socket behind the TV with the rest of the cables. Will be much easier to hide a single cable than power bricks and interference suppresor bits.
Or you could get an electrician to fit a new socket behind the TV.

ajm

ajm

Associate
OP
Thanks for your comments,the main problem would be suspending the transformer thing behind the tv.I have figured a way around this now,i made a bracket to fasten to the wall behind the tv to hold the transformer,then bought a long kettle type lead which is fed through plastic tubing into the plaster which now can reach the socket near the floor. :)

Back
Top Bottom