Well, it's over...

Soldato
World Cup 2006

Always get a lump in my throat when it ends..knowing it's another four years to the next. :) Such a great tournament...so many great moments.

My hightlight was Jo Cole's goal and his celebration (made me feel great to be English!!).

genImage.aspx

What was your fave moment? Or most memorable? What's your hopes for the next England manager/team?

Also, i must say the TV coverage was out of this world..the best so far, made it in to a real spectacle. :D

Man of Honour
I think the pundits got it spot on just now when they said that nobody really was the person or team to stand out overall probably because the standard was very high.

Usually you get quite a few drubbings in the group stages of the tournament but there were in my opinion fewer this time. Certain teams e.g. Ivory Coast, Ghana seemed to do better than people really expected them to. Fair play to them.

Soldato
the next world cup coverage will be cool

all HD.. and that... will be good.

another 4years... i get upset at the end of the world cup, because it feels like a lifetime away...

anyways.. euro 2008 isnt that long..

but the new season is round the corner and thats what i look forward to now... football every week.

most memorable moment... has to be zidanes knockout... what a header.

and im not hopeful of englands chances.. and i dont think ill care

Associate
Most memorable was the Germany vs Costa Rica game for me, got the tournament off to a great start. With Zidanes header ;) being a close second.

Caporegime
Tried&Tested said:
Also, i must say the TV coverage was out of this world..the best so far, made it in to a real spectacle. :D
I thought the TV coverage was woeful. Both ITV and BBC had terrible panelists (my favourites were Desailly and Leonardo, so that shows how bad BBC's choices were!).
There was a serious lack of replays... or atleast of replays people WANT to see. Far too much showing of Managers (especially when the ball is in play).

I thought the coverage of 2002 was head and shoulders better.

Soldato
I personaly thought this world cup was a let down. So many teams and individuals failed to perform for me. For the first time ever after a major finals, I'm actually glad it's done with so we can get the season underway.

PAz

PAz

Soldato
LOL

That is excellent ^

-

Yup not the greatest WC for me. Especially due to Poland/England's dismall efforts.

Soldato
I'll remember the WC for another poor performance from England and more 'what ifs'. In general though the cracking goals, the diving and ZZ headbutt will be remembered I reckon.

Soldato
I really thought this world cup was a major let down. Too much diving. This was a tournament whereby the stakes were so high managers deliberatly set their stalls out not to loose rather than win. All this 4-5-1 nonsense. As a result three of the greatest forwards at the world cup (Henry, Van Nistlerooy and Rooney) hardly had a sniff

To my mind there was only a few good games with Germany vs Italy and Argentina vs Serbia Montenegro at the top of that very short list of good games

England, Brazil and Holland were obvious disappointments as they never really got their flowing football going (Some may argue England havent in the last five years)

Italy are worthy champions and once again showed a master class in defending. Hats off to Germany for putting on a good show and their being little violence there. Shame FIFA made a complete town halls of the ticketing system that allowed such a black market thrive for so many tickets whilst there were lots of corporate bods there who were out on a freebie and knew nothing about football

Back
Top Bottom