Watercooling in an Eclipse 62

Permabanned
Hi all,

I'm thinking of trying a watercooling setup for the first time, but will be looking for something that can all fit into the Akasa Eclipse 62 case. Don't really want anything external if possible. Seems to be plenty of room in the case, but not sure about where a rad would go, or what size to get etc.

Currently using an Intel Badaxe with an 805d, which will be replaced by an E6600 once available. Have an X1900XTX in there too, and would potentially like to cool that in the future if I like the water setup.

Any suggestions on a kit that'd do the job, and any experience with fitting kit into that case would also be appreciated. Would prefer a retail kit, but don't mind getting custom bits if they're easy to source.

Cheers
PapaLaz

Associate
If you want a single rad then you should be able to mount it in the 120mm fan exhaust position. If you want dual or triple rad then the only way is to mount at the bottom and cut out holes for the fans to go. I mounted my triple externally at the back and its much better for cooling and still tidy

Soldato
what i have done with my eclipse is unclipped the hard drive cage at the bottom front of the case and removed that then put my hard drive in my floppy drive slot (as i don't use floppy) and that way you could mount a rad in the front or alternatively you could take out 1 of your cd drive bays and put a dual rad in the roof of the case and cut out some blow wholes in the top (that's what i'm planning)

Back
Top Bottom