Dangers of Drifting (video and crash!)

Soldato
Was out tonight with a few mates being lunatics on our private secluded roundabout. Was a good laugh with some pretty good drifting going on.

The video shows my mate in his 200sx doing a couple of laps and just drifting wide the second time round and mounting the kerb. No major damage, the tyre came off the rim but the rim wasn't buckled. These 200sx's are pretty tough! :D

Sorry about the video quality, but it is taken from a phone. Still not bad.

http://www.iwsconsultants.com/cars/200drift.3gp

Associate
200's are so the best car for cheap drifting. friend of mine has one, last rolling road of 310hp, doesn't really drift though as he doesnt want to throw away the money spent on it.

Soldato
Vipernet said:
Was out tonight with a few mates being lunatics on our private secluded roundabout. Was a good laugh with some pretty good drifting going on.

The video shows my mate in his 200sx doing a couple of laps and just drifting wide the second time round and mounting the kerb. No major damage, the tyre came off the rim but the rim wasn't buckled. These 200sx's are pretty tough! :D

Sorry about the video quality, but it is taken from a phone. Still not bad.

http://www.iwsconsultants.com/cars/200drift.3gp

Ah you're in the edinburgh area. Where about did you guys do this :p

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Some pretty impressive drifting untill the impact :cool:

Looks to me like he was starting to pick up too much speed, hence going wide and hitting the curb. Still, I can't talk :o

Man of Honour
pretty decent skills there :) shame he lost it thou, hope the damage isn't too bad - would be worth getting it checked out thou

(and where are the "think of the children" bunch? i'm sure they should be trolling around in here any second..... :D)

Soldato
OP
Siliconslave said:
pretty decent skills there :) shame he lost it thou, hope the damage isn't too bad - would be worth getting it checked out thou

(and where are the "think of the children" bunch? i'm sure they should be trolling around in here any second..... :D)

I know? I thought I would've been flamed in every second post for posting this. :D

On your first point he has noticed his boot doesn't quite close flush now.........

Back
Top Bottom