Leaving a job and holiday?

Associate
Basically, I have been working for my gap year as the office junior for a firm of solicitors, and will be leaving at the end of september to study Physics at Bristol uni. Work require me to give them one months notice before I leave, so how best to do this?

Additionally, I have will have built up around two and a half weeks holiday before I leave, and I want to take this at the end of september, so i basically have a nice long time off work, but still paid. So, would I need to give my notice a month before this, or a month before i technically leave? Also, although they ask for one months notice, can I give them more?

This is has been my first job, hence my queries. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Permabanned
Socaddict said:
Basically, I have been working for my gap year as the office junior for a firm of solicitors, and will be leaving at the end of september to study Physics at Bristol uni. Work require me to give them one months notice before I leave, so how best to do this?

Additionally, I have will have built up around two and a half weeks holiday before I leave, and I want to take this at the end of september, so i basically have a nice long time off work, but still paid. So, would I need to give my notice a month before this, or a month before i technically leave? Also, although they ask for one months notice, can I give them more?

This is has been my first job, hence my queries. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Why ask this on forums?

Seriously you work for a company, each company has their own rules and regulations.

Go to talk to the HR department ffs, they will answer all your questions.

good greif!

Back
Top Bottom