Is it true

Associate
I have heard a rumour that when windows vistra comes out it will not be compatible with i tunes thus the ipod would not be able to download music so it would be useless :confused: is this true is it a pile of sugar. :p

If it is true i would have thought microsoft would have been shooting itself in the foot because many peple might go onto macks any post on this subject would be most helpfull

smiley

Associate
Although I'm not upto date onthe latests additions to Vista, I personally think it will just be updated, like you said, I dont think they want to shut down a huge moneymaker =]

Permabanned
sugar0on.png

Soldato
Sounds like the usual mix of semi-truths, rumour and the general anti-MS people at work :)

Microsoft are actually releasing thier "own version" of iTunes so to speak - they have obviously decided that Apple have been making far too much money and they want a piece of the action.
What MS have said is that they will scan your iTunes installation, see what music you've bought from iTunes and then offer you those tracks FOC from their own service.
MS will of course then pay the royalty fee's - so you can move over to the MS service without fear of losing what you've already bought from iTunes.
However they have also said that they have no intention at all of making the move a required one.

Soldato
They added iPod support to the Xbox 360, why would they change their stance all of a sudden? Microsoft doesn't care much about the "iPod hardware" - there's no money in hardware, it's the music content services they are interested in.

Permabanned
AJUK said:
I wouldn't be so sure, M$ are planning on releasing it so called 'iPod killer' by the end of the year. They want a slice of the Apple pie and, given their past reputation, I wouldn't put it past them

http://macdailynews.com/index.php/weblog/comments/10084/

success against Apple does not mean stopping supporting their equipment, it means stealing their customer base.

So you can be quite sure that Windows Vista will support the iPOD - I 100% guarantee it!

Man of Honour
The_KiD said:
success against Apple does not mean stopping supporting their equipment, it means stealing their customer base.

So you can be quite sure that Windows Vista will support the iPOD - I 100% guarantee it!
MSN Music download customer base is 3%, Apple iTunes is 71%, it is quite obvious that MS want to eat into that market. What better way to do it though, flog millions of copies of Vista and then launch the only compatible player/music download service. Perhaps I am getting cynical in my old age but MS have done similar things in the past.

Soldato
Maybe in america, but they wouldnt dare to do it in Europe. They are already facing a $560 million fine from the EU for not complying with interoperability with other software, and OS's.

If they made Vista incompatible with iTunes, Im sure the EU would fine them even more.

Associate
OP
thx for the replies guy that has put my mind to rest. :D

But it woundt suprise me if ms done this. And to ms 650 million isnt a huge amount of money for a company which turns over 32 billion a year.

Permabanned
AJUK said:
MSN Music download customer base is 3%, Apple iTunes is 71%, it is quite obvious that MS want to eat into that market. What better way to do it though, flog millions of copies of Vista and then launch the only compatible player/music download service. Perhaps I am getting cynical in my old age but MS have done similar things in the past.

cynical or not, they just cant do it. They would be sue'd ...sued...sueud....taken to court so fast their heads would spin.

Back
Top Bottom