Anyone have an Evoke 3?

Associate
Im thinking of getting a Pure Evoke 3 DAB Radio. Looking for feedback from any owners, is it worth the premium price?

Im looking for something with good reception. Not too bothered about recording, live pause etc. But must have Optical output. Pure seem to have a good reputation. Have heard mixed comments about Roberts DAB but they do they have a good Pedigree in FM.

Should I spend £200 on an Evoke 3 or get a Sharp FVDB2ES for a quarter of the Price?

Man of Honour
I borrowed an Evoke 2 from Argos and then an Evoke 3 from Currys but both went back.
The Evoke 3 is a wonderful machine and sounds excellent but I couldn't get a good reception in my workplace (loads of metal).
50 yards into another area and it was excellent.
i thought if I got excellent FM reception then I'd get excellent DAB reception but it doesn't work that way.
I have a machine near me that makes 83db of noise all day and on full blast the Evoke 3 got over it but not enough for that extra bit.
I wish I could have used another DAB aeriel with it to place 10 foot higher but I didn't have the chance.
I'm looking at the DMX50 now which is their HI-Fi version and another aeriel.
At the moment I'm streaming Planet Rock out of my works PC into my stereo so I'm happy for the time being.
Overall the Evoke 3 is excellent though.

Back
Top Bottom