MDA Vario

Soldato
My contract runs out begining of August, so i'm looking at changing network (as Three are ****).

I really like the look of T-Mobiles Flext tarrifs (even if they are 18 months). My current phone is a Nokia 6680, but for my next phone i'd really like an all in one PDA/phone.

Does anyone have one of the MDA Varios, think they are same as XDA Mini S, opinions and the like would be good thanks. :)

Associate
Got a Vario, love it.
Switched from orange to T-Mob, since with web'n'walk can use the vario for all sorts.
It needs patching to the lastest firmware. Since i did mine, its been lot more stable. The old firmware was forcing me to "softreset" the phone once a day.
Plus the new firmware gives you push email which is great.

Robb

Soldato
OP
Is the firmware available from t-mobile?

I tried one out in store and liked it a lot, only thing I'd really like to change is the theme, don't like the t-mobile one at all, though I assume this is easy enough to do?

Soldato
I got mine a few weeks ago and it came with the new firmware pre-installed. Its a brilliant bit of kit and very useful. I bought a 1GB Mini SD card for about £18 so lots of storage for games and stuff.

Steve

Associate
Yep agree with the above great bit of kit, got Web & Walk Pro for £8.50/Mth for 2GB so I can use the MDA as a modem via Laptop, works a treat.

Also came with new firmware from new, overclocked it to 216MHz which made a big difference, have a 2GB Mini SD Card running TomTom V5.12 a treat.

Plus I can use 90% of my old Apps from my Dell Axim X50v which got eBayed and covered the cost of the MDA & initial 12 month contract :D

Soldato
steviec said:
Yep agree with the above great bit of kit, got Web & Walk Pro for £8.50/Mth for 2GB so I can use the MDA as a modem via Laptop, works a treat.

Also came with new firmware from new, overclocked it to 216MHz which made a big difference, have a 2GB Mini SD Card running TomTom V5.12 a treat.

Plus I can use 90% of my old Apps from my Dell Axim X50v which got eBayed and covered the cost of the MDA & initial 12 month contract :D

I thught that one cost £19.99?

Soldato
Got one from work and I love it too!!!

Set it for wireless at home and at work, then GPRS when I'm out and about!!

Need to check my firmware version now you've said that though, nut mine hasn't frozen out once!! :)

eidt: got a link for the firmware update pls? Can't see it!

Last edited:
Associate
Gavin said:
I thught that one cost £19.99?

Nope you get the lowest tarriff in my case Relax 20 for 100 mins X Network & 525 Texts a month at £17.02, then added the W&W Pro 2GB on Top at £8.50 a month both + VAT so £29.99 a month. Direct from T-Nobile oh and £49.99 for the MDA itself.

Back
Top Bottom