Are X3 and Eve Online similar?

Soldato
Just wondering, I usually only play FPS type games. Was thinking of something more in depth like Eve Online (although I know Little about it!). At weekened saw X3 Game of the Year Version for 19.99 and wondered if it was similar to Eve online?

Man of Honour
EVE Online is more a Strategy Massively Multiplayer Game, no single player, and X3 being more a Space Sim, single player, from what I understand anyway, somebody can correct me however.

Soldato
I have not played X3, but I played the free-trial of EVE Online, and from what I hear the latter is much better in terms of pure scale and complexity.

Permabanned
Not really. Eve works, X3 doesn't!

X3 has to be the shoddiest excuse for a game ever released. I brought it on day of release, and since day one I, and many others on the Egosoft forum, have had nothing but problems. As Egosoft attempted to fix a problem with a new patch, each progressive patch just added more things that didn't work without fixing the original bugs! Plus there product support is dire beyonf belief! All they keep saying is that it's not their problem, it must be our systems. Even though every other game runs perfectly.

For instance, patch 1.3 made it so that it was impossible to fire a certain weapon, the PSG, without the game stuttering to a halt at about 1 frame every 4 seconds no matter what uber system you have.

Don't even get me started on about that bloody Starforce protection system!

In my opinion, X3 is like the plague, and should be avoided as such!

Soldato
Úlfhednar said:
I have not played X3, but I played the free-trial of EVE Online, and from what I hear the latter is much better in terms of pure scale and complexity.
Indeed it is, but you'll have to be prepared to put fair amount of time into it at the beginning (a month or two) before you can actually make a balanced judgement of it; it does require a lot of patience, which is something that puts a lot of people off too soon.

Soldato
They are very different games, both good, but I prefer the trigger finger style of play to X3. Eve is a point and click setup which for space combat isn't my thing.
X3 does have a few bugs unfortunately, but its getting a LOT better with the patches.

Soldato
Eve and X3 are extremly diffrent. In eve you advance by training diffrent skills which enhance diffrent attributes of your ship or other things eg you can have skill books that increase your weapon dmg or shield hp.

But Skill Points dont mean anything when it comes down to PvP. In pvp u can be at any level to compete unlike WoW where you have to be level 60 with uber skills and weapons to be amazing. You can see people a few days old out in low security systems pirating and beating older players by using more superier tactics such as staying out of Web/*** range and shooting.

Also Eve Is more like a stratergy game in you dont directly control your ship like in X3.

Anyway when u play eve you will love it :p if u ever need help Add Jongo Fett to your buddy list i will be happy to help you out anytime that im on.

Soldato
OP
Anyway when u play eve you will love it :p if u ever need help Add Jongo Fett to your buddy list i will be happy to help you out anytime that im on.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the offer - i might take uyou up on it!

Back
Top Bottom