• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

couple of questions urgent please as I'm loosing my rag with it!

Associate
ok,

I've bought a DVI to HDMI cable, to run between my pc and my pioneer pdp436xde. picture is running at 720p (even though the plasma shows 750p).

now i have 2 questions. 1, I know the 436xde CAN support 1080p, now my graphics card is a radeon x800 XT platinum can i and if so how do i get my pc to output 1080p.
question 2, The ratio is buggered, I've tried everything, changing the ratio on the tv, playing about with the resolutions on the computer and still I can't get it right. any ideas I have about a 1inch border all the way around my plasma?

also if anyone knows, my sound card is just a sound blaster Live! 5.1 it has a mini jack digital output, obviously on my amp I'd go in optically. however I'm having troubles getting sound. any clues on to how i sort out this problem? I'm using a cable that will do this but I still am not getting any sound what so ever?

cheers, Martyn

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom