BBC Weather Sucks...

Associate
It's usually pretty poor accuracy anyway, but I think they might be off a little with the weather here in Halifax, it claims the weather is going to be 290 degrees C!! Think I might stay inside....

hot7jr.jpg

In the past 2 weeks it's also claimed there was going to be snow in Birmingham (while being 24 degrees), and a hurricane local to Belfast. Is the world coming to an end or are the BBC just numpties?

Last edited:
Soldato
i used to use weather.co.uk for a while, until i realised they were hardly ever even nearly right. :/

lets face it, nobody can predict the weather, even in this day and age.

Associate
I use my patented weather string. I hang it out of my bedroom window.

If the string is wet it’s raining. If the string is dry its sunny. If the string is frozen its cold. I find it works better than watching the weather forecast:D:D

Man of Honour
seek said:
i used to use weather.co.uk for a while, until i realised they were hardly ever even nearly right. :/
Based on US weather models, designed for US weather, and disastrously bad at dealing with the UK. Accuweather do a better job, but still not great.

The one that always gets me with the BBC is that if you look at the homepage weather, then look at the 5-day forecast, then at the UK weather, they often say different things. E.g., I've seen the homepage predict rain and the 5-day predict sunshine. Given that all the data is supposed to come from the same place, you'd have thought they could get that right.

Still, there aren't that many good free services around, so I guess they'll have to do.

Soldato
Berserker said:
Based on US weather models, designed for US weather, and disastrously bad at dealing with the UK.
ah that explains it then. only reason i used them was because i was with btopenworld and they use it on your default homepage.

but yeah, complete carp.

edit: although not quite as bad as predicting 290 degrees though!

Soldato
I use windfinder ( for surfing ) - The barometric pressures are exactly the same as my own weather station, and the temps are always spot on.

Its always different from the BBC predictions too, which are usually wrong for my town too.

Soldato
I use windfinder ( for surfing ) - The barometric pressures are exactly the same as my own weather station, and the temps are always spot on.

here

Its always different from the BBC predictions too, which are usually wrong for my town too.

Back
Top Bottom