Antec Super Lanboy vs Lian Li PC7+

Soldato
Which is the better case bearing in mind that the lanboy has a window, quiet fans (how quiet are these?). But the lian li is a "better quality case??" but more expensive

so which one would you say is better and things

Cheers

Soldato
They are both great cases and nothing bad with either of them, so if i were you i would look at pictures at both and decide which case you like the look of most as you will be the one looking at it every day

Soldato
7v them and they are very quiet (same goes for the Lian Li)

I have both cases and at the LanBoy's current price it is a tough decision but I would probably got for the Lian Li because it looks better(imo) and is built better

Permabanned
Both are excellent cases but if you have the extra money. Definatly get the lian li.

Bare in mind that the lian li will be twice as expensive if buying a window panel aswell so it's basically upto you as lanboy already comes with one:)

Soldato
the fans are reasonably quiet, however i am using ambers on a fan controller so i could get more air in the case in this weather (changed the fans last year)

not sure how it is with the lian-li but the panels on the lanboy are really thin, but it is still a great case for the money.

Soldato
You will be looking at it and living with it for a long time.

Way I see it, if you want something you dont want to replace for several rigs go with the PC7+.

A lot of the Super Lanboy users have upgraded to PC7+'s recently, so says something about the move after a year or so. :)

Soldato
begbo said:
Been told theres some issuses fitting some motherboards in the lanboy? This true?

not that I am aware of, sometimes the bottom optical bay (with a drive it) will hit the RAM and if you have a 90degree IDE port it is hard to get the cable in but not impossible

Soldato
i hated my lanboy.

the alu is just too thin, i managed to over tighten the screws that hold the pci plates really easily resulting in no threads.

The front fan is useless because they hdd drive bays just totally kill airflow, and already having a slow fan stock makes it worse.

not a good case imo.

Soldato
Get the Lian-Li you'll have it for ages and they have good second hand values, I've had my Sonata less than a year and I'm already looking enviously at the Lian-Li if only I hadn't needed a decent PSU when I built my rig or had bitten the bullet and spent a few more pounds!

Back
Top Bottom