Just received Viewsonic VP930 and .... it's pretty good!

Soldato
Got the Viewsonic vp930 today to complement my existing LG1811s and replace a really ageing 17" LG crt. The display is absolutely stunning and (thankfully) has no dead pixels!

vp9302mn.jpg

Sorry about the shoddy image but here's the setup. Well chuffed. Anyone have any tips on getting the optimum out of the display? Currently I've got it set to SRGB in the Colour options.

Can't wait for tomorrow either as I hopefully will take delivery of a 32" HDTV and Sony up-scaling DVD player!:D

Soldato
Gorgeous monitor :) I have the VP930 also, I see a lot of ghosting in games though, but for image quality ad movie playback as well as the viewing angles it is amazing!!!

As for tweaking ... I too would love to find some info.

Associate
VaderDSL said:
Gorgeous monitor :) I have the VP930 also, I see a lot of ghosting in games though, but for image quality ad movie playback as well as the viewing angles it is amazing!!!

As for tweaking ... I too would love to find some info.

Thinking of ordering one later this week for my conroe build. How bad is the ghosting? It will be my first non-CRT so im not sure how ghosting will effect me when i play games.

Soldato
PikeyPriest said:
Thinking of ordering one later this week for my conroe build. How bad is the ghosting? It will be my first non-CRT so im not sure how ghosting will effect me when i play games.

I only see ghosting in CS:S on very light coloured textures like trees.

I play other games however and see no ghosting ... like the Prey demo, Civilization IV, Unreal Tournament etc. just seems like I get severe ghosting on the source engine, and then it seems like it is more apparent when the TFT is just turned on from cold.

However the TFT is amazing in general :) Another thing I don't like is it has an extremely large footprint for the stand.

Man of Honour
im looking at getting one for my birthday and the ghosting was something i really didnt want to hear, especially on the soure engine as thats the most and only really thing i play on. Has anyone else experienced this?

Soldato
OP
Can't say i've noticed any ghosting on Oblivion or BF2 on the v9930 - it's certainly a lot quicker than my 18" LG lcd and that didn't take long to get used to.

Associate
VaderDSL said:
Another thing I don't like is it has an extremely large footprint for the stand.

I have also just got one to go with my Dell 1907fp. I agree that the stand footprint is too big. It make the screen st 3-4 inches closer than the Dell. I had to change to making the Dell the primary (on DVI) and the VP930 the secondary (d-sub). TBH I can't see a big difference in the quality but I would prefer to use the VP930 as the primary due to it being the more praised monitor.

I have looked at changing the stands around but they are not interchangeable even though they are both 100mm VESA standard. I may buy one or maybe 2 of the wall mount arms but haven't seen any that are really recommended.

Ideas?

Associate
I've just joined the VP930 users club too. I got tired of messing about with crts and reconed i should just take the plunge and get a really decent tft.

So far i am super pleased with it (other than a slight hiccup with dvi that i sorted out quite quickly).

All i need now is to replace my keyboard with a black one to get my desktop synchronised colourwise :p

Back
Top Bottom