Right, you whiners! Life is good! Don't deny it!

Soldato
Whinge whinge whinge whinge whinge whinge.

Enough!

Spread the joy of your mediocre but mostly fairly enjoyable life.

I work at a clearing bank. It's full of stupid politics, bickering, backstabbing and so on. The money's average. Well poor. But it's a piece of cake, and it's about as stressful as having a nice warm bath with lots of bubbles. It's fairly enjoyable. I also met my girlfriend there.
She's lovely and she makes me happy. Yeah, she might break my heart one day, but I'll keep it to myself, thanks!
I got a new motorbike recently. I was sick of my old one and this one has restored my love of my chosen sport, and as such I am going to be getting a bit fitter again, but a bit poorer what with more riding. Hurrah for that.
I have a roof over my head, a fridge full of food, and I'm about to pour myself a nice Jim Beam and Coke, cut my hair, and then play Oblivion until the young lady arrives.

That's pretty boring, but altogether, I feel, quite pleasant.

Also, look outside! If you're in the southeast, at least, it's five to eight and the sun's out.

Stop your whining! Even when it's crap, life is a wonderful thing, and let's not forget, a privelege.

Please, for the sake of the general mental wellbeing of the board, share the insignificant joys and small victories of your monotonous existence.

Soldato
OP
Oh, and to add:

I bought a new, reasonably attractive pinstripe suit yesterday, for the princely sum of £64 after I used £15 of the supercheques I get for finding fraud at work.

Bargain.

Soldato
OP
Oh, and to add to that!

Today I spotted a fraudulent cheque for the value of £15,000.

I'll get £15 more vouchers for that, so that's replaced the ones I used to help pay for the suit too.

Hurrah!

Soldato
OP
Nozzer said:
This whole not having a job thing makes summer, with an open top sports car, very enjoyable.

Shame about the money.

Life's average at the moment.

Average is better than crap though, right?

And it's summer!

Hurrah! Nozzer is happy! Rich_L is happy! We're all happy!

Except, of course, those of us that aren't. But they're not allowed in.

Soldato
Whenever I think my life is a bit rubbish, I will think of everyone out there that couldnt even possibly dream to live like me......running clean water, roof over my head, food to eat, etc.
Emotionally too, I am grateful for everything I have.

Soldato
I'm not happy, but I'll be damned if I'm going to share my life story with all of you. I'd much rather read monkeypants' jokes. A joke thread makes me realise life is bright.

Man of Honour
Mohinder said:
Kreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee is happy!
:cool:
panthro said:
Whenever I think my life is a bit rubbish, I will think of everyone out there that couldnt even possibly dream to live like me......running clean water, roof over my head, food to eat, etc.
Emotionally too, I am grateful for everything I have.
Damn straight.

Man of Honour
It's happy threads like this that always remind of a classic song by Opus.

Live is Life:

Nanananana
Nanananana (all together now)
Nanananana
Nanananana

Life (nanananana)
Life is life (nanananana)
Labadab dab dab life (nanananana)
Liiiiiiiife (nanananana)

That just about sums it up:)

Soldato
I'm actually having quite a stressful/hard time at present but I keep reminding myself that I'm not watching my kids starve to death in front of me and I'm not having to witness atrocities being performed around me etc ..... so I'll pull through and live to fight another day .... so to speak.

Sun still shining here; lets see if there's any booze left in the place.

Kind thoughts to all ;)

Back
Top Bottom