• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Zalman VF900-Cu Silent

Associate
i sold mine on ebay and found it wasnt like a gradual crash when i increased the core speed. i could get it within 1mhz of crashing no probs, but as soon as i exceeded the threshold it would crash that moment in windows....

is yours 2d stable when overclocked and only crashes under load, or do you hit a sudden wall?

Soldato
im at a wall at 630mhz on the core. if i overclock core higher it freezes in ati tool for about 1 min then resumes at stock speeds. throttles i guess. more to be a voltage problem for me rather than cooling.

wonder if its safe to do the vmod or do i risk killing the card for little performance increase?

Soldato
OP
LMAO

hello "again" & thanks "again" cool will have a look now

I think I will purchase the Zalman though as the stock cooler sounds like a hover craft.............. and at night I would like to be able to leave my comp on downloading at times without thinking theres a fighter jet aslseep in the next room :rolleyes:

edit: got to 573mhz as stable - testing mem now

OK 573 and 600 is that ok for my 850XT PE?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom