• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Identify this graphical corruption?

Associate
I get this from playing Battlefield 2 and CS Source. After no particular amount of time whatsoever, the screen will insantly go to this pattern... rebooting results in a perfectly clear bios and windows/2D is always perfect.

Is my card just borked beyond all hope?

Don
Not particularly, it may be caused by heat, so you could try taking the cooler off and bunging some AS5 on, but that would invalidate your warranty which you will quite likely need to be honest.

Jokester

Associate
OP
Ok sorry guys, I really haven't put enough info here (i've mentioned it lots of places previously and got no definitive answers, so i'm a bit jaded by the whole thing..)

It's a used MSI card, that I got with an NV Silencer Rev 2 on it. I've had problems since getting the card a few months ago.
I just recently got a new Rev 3 NV Silencer from ocuk and i'm still getting problems with that. I'm using arctic silver ceramic on the GPU and i'm 100% sure it's making proper contact (i've redone the cooler install a couple of times now..but hey i could be wrong..)

According to systool, it's currently running at 46 degrees on the GPU, 36 degrees ambient. Case door is open and my room is nice and cool.

I don't get this screen corruption in OpenGL games. In those, I *might* get some texture corruption (black textures) or stretched polygons after a few hours playtime but it's rare.

Back
Top Bottom