Firefox 2 Beta Released

Soldato
Soldato
Energize said:
Still says ver 1.5 in the about box? :confused: Wheres the spellchecker at?
Doesn't seem to work with OcUK, works with other forums, says 2.01b in my about box :confused:.
Ah you have to alt click (i.e. use the other mouse button and do "spell check this field".

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Energize said:
Still says ver 1.5 in the about box? :confused: Wheres the spellchecker at?
When I installed it, it kept the old version. There is 2 shortcuts in the quick launch bar, one for 1.5 and one for the beta.
The spell checker should work straight away, I was just typing the op and it was saying the spellings were wrong on the default settings.

Soldato
Just installed it here, ForecastFox and Flashgot both work fine, however FasterFox isn't compatible. Kept the old FF installation too.

Spell check it quite cool :)

Soldato
Nismo said:
Just installed it here, ForecastFox and Flashgot both work fine, however FasterFox isn't compatible. Kept the old FF installation too.

Spell check it quite cool :)
I have installed the "Nightly Tester Tools" add-on, and with that Fasterfox is working :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Bony Maloney said:
I have installed the "Nightly Tester Tools" add-on, and with that Fasterfox is working :)

Ta, might take a look at that :)

Though to be honest I never noticed too much difference with it before anyway :o

Caporegime
BillytheImpaler said:
Folks, this is not a beta, it's a beta candidate. Expect it to be alpha quality becasue that's what it is. I won't be switching until there is a release candidate as I'm not one for putting up with trunk builds.

This man speaks the truth.

Sites need to get a clue, and stop pimping Beta 1 RCs as the actual Beta 1, for umpteen reasons, not least that they don't get mirrored - so ftp.mozilla.org gets hammered.
Besides, there's a B1 RC3...

What are the planned new features? I hate IE7 so I'm deffinetly sticking with Firefox

There's a feature list of sorts here.

Associate
BillytheImpaler said:
Folks, this is not a beta, it's a beta candidate. Expect it to be alpha quality becasue that's what it is. I won't be switching until there is a release candidate as I'm not one for putting up with trunk builds.
I never knew it got that complicated, i always thought it was just beta and alpha!

Back
Top Bottom