COD2 Saved games

Soldato
My COD2 just crashed on me and pc reset. When i re-loaded it all the settings were lost, eg it went back to 800x600.

I also noticed there was no option for me to resume game!!! All my saved games were not loading !!

If i look in the "players" folder i see my profile, if i click on the "save"folder i can see 15 save files which were probably mine from before.

How come they are not loading? Any idears :( I dont want to start from the beginning again.

Associate
Ahh yes, I remember this problem, if CoD crashes it may ask you to start the game in safe mode OR as happened to me; it will replace your shortcut link in the start menu with the safe mode option.
Try going to the start menu where it is installed and make sure you select the non-safe mode, you may have to redo the graphics settings.
If all else fails move your profile and save games somewhere safe and reinstall.
Good Luck.

Soldato
OP
Van_Dammesque said:
Ahh yes, I remember this problem, if CoD crashes it may ask you to start the game in safe mode OR as happened to me; it will replace your shortcut link in the start menu with the safe mode option.
Try going to the start menu where it is installed and make sure you select the non-safe mode, you may have to redo the graphics settings.
If all else fails move your profile and save games somewhere safe and reinstall.
Good Luck.

Thanks for reply, tried that and my saved games still not showing up. Im going to move them and reinstall. Just to clarifie, are these saved games?

C:/ProgramFiles/Activision/Call of Duty 2/main/players/adam/save

untitled9ux.jpg

Associate
Yes, make sure you have the folders copied as well ;)
Have you tried loading in your player profile?
Or alternatively create a new profile and call it adam, then copy over the save games. I think deleting the config files might help. Probably easier to re-install :p

Associate
If you want I can send you my savedgame folder. I just completed the game the other day and I'm pretty sure you can select a mission from the menu.

So you can continue where you left off and play from there.

Worth a shot if you can't get it working.

Back
Top Bottom