max distance between adsl filter & router

Av8

Av8

Associate
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a recommended max length of cable between the adsl filter & router, as the one provided is fairly short in length and i want to place my router elsewhere for better reception through wireless and access for the wired part of my network.

Any advice on this matter would be greatfully recieved. :D cheers

Soldato
Long as you like, within reason of course ;) Cable has travelled quite some distance allready, an extra 10m aint gonna make a difference.

Deleted member 58846

D

Deleted member 58846

Clarkey said:
Long as you like, within reason of course ;) Cable has travelled quite some distance allready, an extra 10m aint gonna make a difference.

It could if its bad cable. Ususally whats best is try to get it quite close to the box. It makes a lot of help if your on maxADSL. I thought myextension wouln't make a differece to stats but it does.

Av8

Av8

Associate
OP
Thanks guy's, i do have a 8mb connection so even if do move the router further (approx 10ft away) from the adsl filter i would hope that it won't be affected?

Deleted member 58846

D

Deleted member 58846

Av8 said:
Thanks guy's, i do have a 8mb connection so even if do move the router further (approx 10ft away) from the adsl filter i would hope that it won't be affected?

It should not be affected but you never know. Probably not. Hope everything goes well.

Back
Top Bottom