Sata II HDD and ASRock Mobo

Soldato
OP
mosfet said:
It's a SATA interface drive and a motherboard with a SATA interface, isn't it fairly simple? Yes.

how rude !!

Was just concerned as the motherboard is a bit on the naff side and the hard drive is a bit on the good side. Also confused me with the SATA300 bit.

I am quite clever enough to work out that a Sata drive will work with a Sata motherboard merely questioning it's ability to function at its optimum level.

Associate
Liquid_Entity said:
how rude !!

Sorry mate, but you came on here asking a blatently obvious question (the motherboard has the word "SATA2" in it). I reserve the right to be rude.

I am quite clever enough to work out that a Sata drive will work with a Sata motherboard merely questioning it's ability to function at its optimum level.

So why didn't you ask that, rather than what you're "quite clever enough to work out"?

Yes, it'll work, and on the SATA2 controller on your board it'll work at 3Gbps, but you probably won't notice any vast improvement over the standard SATA 1.0 controller.

Soldato
Liquid_Entity said:
how rude !!

the motherboard is a bit on the naff side

lol, sorry but thats wrong :rolleyes:

Its one of the best boards for an upgrader! Dont be put off by its name.. It's manufactured by Asus. It's not meant to be good at clocking. But my 3700 is at 2.7 on stock volts. Hardly naff is it

:)

Back
Top Bottom