Your favourite cheese?

Soldato
Cheese. Sour milk? Or food of the Gods? There are definitely two camps.

But within the cheese lover camp, there are so many genres of cheese it is almost akin to tasting a fine malt whiskey or real ale. Do you opt for the crumbly Lancashire or the more firm Cheddar to accompany your crackers and wine? Or is your stalwart a firm Red Leicester on toast with a dash of tabasco? Or perhaps a mature Stilton and a drop of port?

I love cheeses of all variety. There is a cheese for every occasion. However, a life changing moment occured on Saturday at a party. A friend offered me the cheeseboard which contained some Mexican Cheddar. This is cheddar cheese with jalapeno peppers in it. To say it is good is an understatement. It is definitely up there with the Cranberry Wensleydale.

My current favourite cheese is Mexican Cheddar because of its taste, versitility and texture. The million dollar question, what is your favourite cheese and why?

Soldato
I go through periods of different cheeses also, im liking Brie quite a lot at the moment especially in sandwiches with cranberry. Its also nice of jacket potatoes with beans!!!

Im also quite a fan of Wexford Irish Cheddar, delisciously creamy and refreshing (if thats possible :p )

Im gonna raid the fridge now cos i know ive got loads of different types in there.

P.S One cheese i hate is stilton for some reason, all the roquefort and saint agur does nothing for me.

EDIT: Feta tastes lovely in salads in small quanitites.

Permabanned
At the moment, Cathedral City for Cheddar (always a good staple), Edam, Monteray Jack, Port Salut and good old Brie are doing it for me...I'm not really a fan of crumbly cheeses...

*n

Man of Honour
Brie - A Classic

Current fave - White Stilton with Apricot

Living 20 minutes from Cheddar , if you ever visit Cheddar Gorge they have some local cheese shops that you will die from the choice.

Smoked Cheddar with Peppercorns....Drools.

Cheers,

Mark

Soldato
Cheddar. None of the mamby pamby poncy arty farty French soft getup. English is best, but I'm currently hooked right on Tescos Canadian mature cheddar. Scores 5/5 for strength by their ratings, but could still be stronger.

Nothing beats extra mature cheddar in a crusty white roll. The tangier the better. If you feel no pain eating it, then it isn't strong enough!

Back
Top Bottom