PS3 Interface Video (E3)

Man of Honour
Vid has been posted before a couple of times I think, definately in the PS3 thread somewhere.

It's a nice interface, and I think it looks a lot sexier than the Xbox 360 interface does from the couple of shots I have seen, but I'd have to have a play around to get a feel of how good it actually is.

Soldato
Looks Good
icon14.gif

Soldato
OP
DaveyD said:
Vid has been posted before a couple of times I think, definately in the PS3 thread somewhere.

It's a nice interface, and I think it looks a lot sexier than the Xbox 360 interface does from the couple of shots I have seen, but I'd have to have a play around to get a feel of how good it actually is.

Sorry bud. I do pay quite a lot of attention to the threads here and couldn't remember seeing it before.

It does look pretty sleek and not being as 'full' or 'graphical' as the 360s doesn't necessarily do it any harm.

Associate
I prefer the look of the 360 dashboard personally but that multi-windowed internet section does look very impressive, im not sure if Microsoft would impliment it in the future as it could affect software sales.

You have to think with consoles doing what they are now, dvd/pictures/games, in 10-15 years the average gamer could probly do without a pc all together.

Soldato
I like it but the controller still needs looked at, the 360s controller is just infinately more comfortable than the PS one these days.

I used to be such a Sony PS fanboy too :p

Associate
Kami said:
I like it but the controller still needs looked at, the 360s controller is just infinately more comfortable than the PS one these days.

Thats whats stopping me getting a PS3 at the moment, i could never get on with FPS etc with the PS2 controller but with the 360 its really easy. That and at the moment the PS3 doesnt look any better than the 360.

Caporegime
Kami said:

I couldn't agree more, I tried using a PS2 controller again the other day and it just felt wrong. I used to think it was the best controller ever!

Soldato
My first thought was that it looks exactly like the PSP one. Which i thought was rubbish. It does not use the avalable space very well and looks very plain

Caporegime
Looks very boring and makes very poor use of space, just gives the impression that they couldn't be bothered to put any effort into it and just copied the psps design. Theres a huge area of the screen doing nothing at all, and having icons so small compared to the screens size looks ridiculous.

Caporegime
I don't mind the PSP's menu system, it's nice.
The only thing that is really annoying is that the PS2 had THE worst DVD playback interface ever and this has the same thing which is a disgrace.

Back
Top Bottom