My first sports day as a 'dad'

Soldato
Well not quite, but my nephews old man was working so I played dad for the day and watched my nephew partake in his first sports day today:D The little blighter is only 4 but it was hillarious to watch. The dad's race comes up and they know i'm his uncle but they made me take part, we were all up for it for a good old fashioned sprint, a test of how manly you are.......... but then they handed out the skipping ropes :o

No real purpose to this thread but just wanted to share a new experience:p

daz

daz

Soldato
cheets64 said:
I thought it was now called, "taking part day" and the kids dont win anything to stop them from crying and growing up into failures.

Only if you believe everything you read in the Daily Mail.

Permabanned
Nope, some PC idiot schools do that now. It's nothing but friendly competition, no one takes it personally if they lose. Their idiotic mindset tell them that anyone who doesn't win is going to have recurring nightmares and deep psychological trauma for the rest of their life. :rolleyes:

Most schools still have sports day though :D

Sports day was a DOS for me, up until year 9 I took it seriously and done the javelin, shotput etc. and always won cause im so hench but over the last 2 years I just sat on the field talkin and havin play fights and stuff like that, proper laugh.

Associate
In my last year of primary school they decided to try a non competitive sports day, went down like a lead balloon, all the year 5 and 6's took part half heartly and the parents got bored and stopped watching. I was really annoyed as I was sports captain and I wanted my house to win for the 8th time in 9 years.

Associate
We're going to miss my first sports day as a dad because we're off on holiday next week.

Shame as Shaun, my 5 year old, took part in a sports series with other local schools and came first beating everyone! :D <= proud daddy alert!

Associate
I went to my younger brother and sisters at school the other day.

It's PC gone mad.

First of all, no individual races, its all team based.

No losers, everyone gets a 'medal'.

No running, no proper throwing etc etc

No cameras allowed... jeez.

Who killed all the fun?

Sports day used to be competative, life is competative, no point in shielding them from reality.

Back
Top Bottom