Some DS News

Soldato
Grabed from another forum.

At a product fair for dealers in Japan today Nintendo showed off a Headset for the Nintendo DS. The headset will allow voice chat in Pokemon Diamon and Pearl.

* The Headset will be released on the 14th of September

* New Black DS Lite in Winning Eleven theme

* New White DS Lite in FFIII theme

new-ds-lite-variations-20060711115052977.jpg

* Tingle RPG site open http://www.nintendo.co.jp/tincle/index.html
Set for Japanese release on September 2nd

* Yakuman DS (Mahjong) Wifi Enabled

* July Release of Pink DS Lite + Cooking Navi

* August Release of FF3 DS Lite + FF3

* September Release of Black DS Lite + Pokemon Diamond and Pearl + Headset/Microphone

Headset sounds pretty cool, hope more games support it.

Associate
Kreeeee said:
No need for a headset. What a silly idea and anyone who has played metroid online knows it's definitely not needed.

I was thinking the same. it has a mic and speakers for a reason, a headset is unnecessary clutter. If you can't have sound on because you are in a quiet place then you can't talk anyway so it is pretty much redundant.

As for the Final Fantasy III themed ds, it sucks how they keep bringing out all these super special edition extras... it just annoys people that already bought the console (like me, who bought one a few days ago) and would MUCH rather have the special edition one that is released just a few weeks later!! :mad:

Soldato
Kreeeee said:
No need for a headset. What a silly idea and anyone who has played metroid online knows it's definitely not needed.

but it might be needed in future? or for the game its being released for?

that ffiii lite looks good, prob become rare too like the micro's did.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I was thinking headset for incoming voice and speakers for game sound, instead of trying to make out what folk are saying with all the background game noise when just using speakers, never played metroid online so cant comment on voice coms on the ds.

Man of Honour
JaFFa said:
but it might be needed in future? or for the game its being released for?

that ffviii lite looks good, prob become rare too like the micro's did.
Whoooooooosh.

You missed the point. All af the required hardware is already there.

Soldato
wooosh back at you

Maybe you cant hear people very well especially if your playing the ds away from your mouth which I for one generally do. Its a bit annoying to have to keep on bringing it up to your mouth to make sure the sound gets through ok.

Man of Honour
JaFFa said:
wooosh back at you

Maybe you cant hear people very well especially if your playing the ds away from your mouth which I for one generally do. Its a bit annoying to have to keep on bringing it up to your mouth to make sure the sound gets through ok.

You can. As I said if you played metroid online you'd know. That was the point I was making. Wario ware minigames != tell you the response of the mic.

Back
Top Bottom