Age of Conan MMO

Associate
Was looking at this last night, the first mmo to implement proper gore :).

They say it has 80 levels, for the first 20 levels you will be in a sort of "single player" place, then your thrown out into the mmo world. I dont think its a grind fest tho, and the combat is looking very fun indeed with mount combat and all.

Gonna keep an eye on this one! hitting us Q4.

Theres a few mmos coming out soon, lets hope they'll actually be good, since a lot have been let downs.

Vai

Vai

Soldato
I think the Open beta is coming Q4, the actual game is more like early 2007.

The game looks good, will be the next MMO I play. Hopefully the levelling will be easy (like WoW) and not a grind fest.

Associate
Been following this for a while now since they launched the Web Site.

Have a friend from EQ on the DEV team so hope I can get an inside track into Beta doubt it but a faint hope.

Have you seen the E3 VIDS ..fighting from horse back with a lance or swoard ..the bow givees you a target scope bit like an AWP :)

The best feature tho is PVP bar brawls depending on how drunk you get with different ales meads etc affects how well you will fight against someone :)

Logs

Associate
Saw the IGN video, about a 20 minute presentation about the game, from the start, 20 levels of solo play, up to guild controlled towns & bandit towns spawning & preparing to attack the guild towns etc. It seems there's going to be an area similar to the rvr zones in DAoC where towns can also be formed and battles fought etc.

Looked like a nice engine, especially the character creation, and the horses were motion captured very well for some sword/lance play. I'd post a link, but am at work atm so websensed unfortunately. It's worth checking out if you locate it though.

There's a fair few of us pvp'ers out here who aren't happy with wow's battlegrounds, and have burned out on daoc etc - I for one am looking for a decent pvp mmorpg to waste my evenings with, it's looking like this or Warhammer is the safest bet atm.

Associate
OP
=LOGS= said:
Have a friend from EQ on the DEV team so hope I can get an inside track into Beta doubt it but a faint hope.

Logs

Faint hope?? im sure with that sort of connection it'll be more than likely!! :p

I hope this game is popular with nice fulls server. The forums dont look that busy, but i guess that doesnt matter too much, if its a good game it'll be heard and people will flok in :)

Associate
Redman said:
There's a fair few of us pvp'ers out here who aren't happy with wow's battlegrounds, and have burned out on daoc etc - I for one am looking for a decent pvp mmorpg to waste my evenings with, it's looking like this or Warhammer is the safest bet atm.

Darkfall!

Back
Top Bottom