Guys, How Do You Manage Longer Hair?

Soldato
I am growing my hair longer than ever before and am not sure the best way to manage it to get the best look. I don't think I want any partcicular style, I am just concerned because when I wash it it can get quite fuzzy. I usually use 'mud' type gel but I don't reckon this would be the best thing to use.

Can anyone make any suggestions - apart from mustard? :p

Caporegime
Cut it.

Only girls have long hair.

(Mustard is for growing hair, not managing it. That's just ridiculous, and, if I may say, irresponible to say on a public forum. There are kids reading, after all.)

Soldato
I had to resort to getting mine cut short. :(

I liked the long hair but didn't know how to handle it, and if I went to any place to get it sorted they made a complete mess up of it so I stopped going to those places.

Associate
Ignore people who say things about long hair being - gay, feminine, etc its all nonsense.

I have a similar trouble but i don't really care, i just leave it and have got used to it now :) a lot of girls prefer guys with longish hair aswell!

Soldato
Depends how long it is.

If your looking to be a longhair (think sholder length) then the awkward stage lasts about 16 months, maybe more for people with more curley hair.
Dureing this stage there isnt much you can do to make it look neat, it will allways be rather messy looking and hard to manage.

However, what you use is up to you.
Remember that gels, moose, sprays & straightners all damage your hair in the long term, might look good for the day, but your hair will not look healthy later on.
Wearing a hat can obviously help things.

One suggestion I used when my hair was shorter was after a shower stick a beanie on your wet hair and allow it all to dry.
This obviously keeps your hair down more and it drys this way, keeping it much neater, but you cant really use this as it gets longer, unless you have a balaclava I guess but that would be bloody wierd.

Combing it reguarly also helps.

It just depends how far your going.

Associate
wash it regularly (like every other day), and brush twice a day. Yes, I am male, and yes, I did used to have long hair. don't anymore, wish I still did.

That was all I did.

Soldato
OP
Cheers guys (well some of you :) ), I appreciate the feedback.

Edit: Good idea growse although I could never take to the guitar. Will need to be lead singer for me. :D

Soldato
5ad52e42.jpg

Proof is in the pudding :D Wash it about 3/4 times a week (More is damaging), use conditioner to help stop split ends (it doesnt make you a girl ok!) and above all, once you have too many split ends get a trim (a cm or so will suffice).

Also, rub mustard in it :)

My very own guide to having good hair ;)

Back
Top Bottom