• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is the X1900XTX DX10 compatible?

Soldato
Just wondering before spending £400 on a grahics card if it will be vista compatible and complient with DX10.

Also why has the blizzard X1900XTX card been taken of the site? It there a problem with it or something?

Soldato
It is not DX10 compliant, but you will be able to use Vista. Certain features however will not be available to you. These are mainly of the eye-candy variety.

The blizzard card was/is a little pants for the price. If you want to w/c, do it yourself - it's cheaper and you have far more fun.

Soldato
OP
I was more concerned (why doesn't that spelling look right?) with the speed of the card. I suppose I could overclock it my self but if it's stock speed was higher than an XTX card then it was a bonus. Oh well, the saphire xtx it is then.

Soldato
OP
TaKeN said:
XT-X Is a waste of money.

You can clock the XT To XT-X Speed with ease

I have money to waste now it's the summer.
I'm new to overclocking and was going to start with my X2 4800+ (939) up 200MHz and possible my ram. I have no idea how to overclock my graphics card.

Soldato
Its easier than wiping your own backside.

You open up the ATi control panel and press unlock overdrive. They move some sliders.

Buy the XT Then spend some more on something else :)

Soldato
TaKeN said:
XT-X Is a waste of money.

You can clock the XT To XT-X Speed with ease

Wrong, the xt-x has cherry picked cores and has a 100% chance of good oc'ing memory, the xt can have normal cores that dont oc' well and can have the slightly worse memory that doesnt oc as well.

Soldato
lay-z-boy said:
Wrong, the xt-x has cherry picked cores and has a 100% chance of good oc'ing memory, the xt can have normal cores that dont oc' well and can have the slightly worse memory that doesnt oc as well.
I thought the only difference, period, was +25MHz core and 1.1ns memor, nothing to do with the core. Hardly a huge improvement, a slap in the face for the cost IMO. :o X1900XT all the way for £260, and OC it well past stock XT-X speeds.

Soldato
BubbySoup said:
Most XT's will clock to XTX speeds easily. Where the XTX wins out is that you can push it further again, more so than an XT.
Hardly worth the price difference though, the X1900XT is simply silly value right now. I wish I had waited just a little longer instead of getting my X1800XT for £190.

Associate
But what he's saying is that the XT-X can be overclocked too, and often by a lot more than the XT.
You pays your money, you makes your choice.

Edit - Didn't realise the XT-Xs had held such a high price.
I thought they would've come down a little bit by now, like the XTs have.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah I think most people would expect a lower price from them too but unfortunately they just won't drop, is why I keep banging on about them being terrible value for money nowadays compared to the X1800XTs and X1900XTs.

Soldato
locutus12 said:
unless you own an X1800XT in which case its easier to turn led into gold :(
Even I figured out how to overclock the X1800XT, and I consider myself about as intelligent as a pile of very thick-headed stones. :p Easier than a bloody pencil mod anyways. ;)

Permabanned
Úlfhednar said:
Even I figured out how to overclock the X1800XT, and I consider myself about as intelligent as a pile of very thick-headed stones. :p Easier than a bloody pencil mod anyways. ;)

that much is true, but mines a little different, doesnt like overclocking unless i up the GPU voltage and thats just worrying, annoying and difficult.

Soldato
locutus12 said:
that much is true, but mines a little different, doesnt like overclocking unless i up the GPU voltage and thats just worrying, annoying and difficult.

aha, you startig at 2D clocks and voltages? IIRC X1800 core V is 1.3 and 1.4 for X1900 :)

Permabanned
Concorde Rules said:
aha, you startig at 2D clocks and voltages? IIRC X1800 core V is 1.3 and 1.4 for X1900 :)

i just gave up and figured as it scores 9200 3D05 marks and im on a 19" tft im not going to need an overclock for a while yet.

Back
Top Bottom