look what happened up my road...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato

was a house fire in a loft conversion. apparently it was so hot the roof tiles were popping!! i got there after all the commotion :( but still got to see firemen hacking away at the roof! there were in total 6 fire engines, a command centre, 6 police cars, and a police van.

all quite exciting really - never seen a house fire before, and luckily no one was hurt.

daven

Caporegime
We had to call the fire brigade out yesterday when a group of us were playing around on a field, some **** had set a matress alight next to a group of garages. 5 minutes after the call, just as the fire was pretty much out 2 fire engines came screaming round the corner and sprayed it with powder. It must have been a really lazy day as my mate distinctly told the person on the phone it was only a matress! :p

Soldato
OP
it took them ages to put it out, even after an hour of spraying the wood was still hot enough to catch light.

however it is good publicity for fire doors as they had some, which were shut and the fire didnt spread.

Soldato
OP
yeah they are nice, one 2 doors down sold for £750K a few weeks back. At first I thought that was the one that was on fire!

lol they did use a lot of water and quite a bit seemed to just be running out of the trucks and down the drain - the hose pipe ban did cross my mind and wondered if they'd mind coming round and watering my lawn...but i didnt ask!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom