Internet Usage Monitor with a Twist

Soldato
I'm after an Internet Usage Monitor that can monitor bandwidth seperately between different times, peak and off-peak. It's no good it adding off-peak bandwidth to peak bandwidth.

Anyone know a program that can do this? I can't seem to find an option in Net Limiter 2 or DU Meter :(

Thanks in advance,

BeatMaster :D

Caporegime
<Stuck record>If you're using a router that'll do SNMP, you can use MRTG/PRTG/A.N. Other RRDGraph derivative.</Stuck record>

Caporegime
In which case, google is your friend (first result for "peak time" bandwidth monitor") :p

On the other hand, it's trivial enough to make Windows do SNMP, then you could monitor that way (if yours is the only machine attached to the router)...

Soldato
OP
tolien said:
In which case, google is your friend (first result for "peak time" bandwidth monitor") :p

On the other hand, it's trivial enough to make Windows do SNMP, then you could monitor that way (if yours is the only machine attached to the router)...

3 machines connected to the router :( Will look into this Peak Bandwidth Monitor :D

Cheers,

EDIT:

It's $49.95, I don't think so :p ...will keep looking!

Associate
This anything to do with plusnet?

apparenlty i have already used 8gb this month in peak times, i will be dammed if i know how though, only have irc on during the day no downloading etc. bizare

Soldato
OP
Nope, Nildram :)

It's just really for us to keep a monitor over whats going on each machine, their online system seems to be working fine :)

My friend is on PlusNet, don't think he has any problems with the monitoring other than sometimes usage appears in things he doesn't even use such as Gaming lol.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
tolien said:
<Stuck record>If you're using a router that'll do SNMP, you can use MRTG/PRTG/A.N. Other RRDGraph derivative.</Stuck record>

edit - Ignore me... I think the firmware I'm using doesn't specifically support it... but I've found some info on the hyperWRT forum.

TA!

Tolien, I've been googling but whether or not for the right thing, who knows.

I have a WRT54GS, which I think supports SNMP. I've got hold of MRTG and installed it etc. but doing the config file I'm having trouble figuring out the community string for the router. In the example they use public, but it doesn't appear to be the same for my router.

I've googled for the answer, but my efforts have been fruitless. I'm not saying it's not out there, I'm just not having any luck.

Can you help?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Mikol said:
I have a WRT54GS, which I think supports SNMP.

Dunno about the Linksys firmware, but mine (currently running Sveasoft Talisman 1.2 RC3c) does.

I've got hold of MRTG and installed it etc. but doing the config file I'm having trouble figuring out the community string for the router. In the example they use public, but it doesn't appear to be the same for my router.

It'll be whatever you've set it to - on the router. There'll be an option in the web interface, if it's supported.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
tolien said:
Dunno about the Linksys firmware, but mine (currently running Sveasoft Talisman 1.2 RC3c) does.

It'll be whatever you've set it to - on the router. There'll be an option in the web interface, if it's supported.

Cheers fella. I've never changed anything regarding this, but I'll have a gander
, running Firmware Version : v4.70.6 - HyperWRT 2.1b1 + Thibor11

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Just read the DD-WRT supports it straight off so just whacked it on. Didn't realise how easy upgrading it was (in terms of it keeping all my settings intact)...

Cheers.

edit - sweet. done it. good work.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
ns400r said:
Try logging into your Nildram control panel and take a look at the monitor they provide free of charge!

I *could* do that but just wanted to know what each machine was doing, ah well will have to wait and see if Net Limiter 2 impliments this feature in the coming months.

Back
Top Bottom