50 amazing things Related to World Cup 2006

Associate
1. I must say that World Cup 2006 was the Internet World Cup.
That's uh, good to know? :confused:

17% of the world's population or nearly 1.2 billion watched the final match of World Cup Football 2006.
That would give the world a population of 7.05 Billion, which I'm pretty sure is not the case.

6. To celebrate World Cup Football, virus senders dispatched a virus through email in Portuguese language mainly in Brazil.
Right.

1. It was surely a SMS World Cup, as millions of SMS were sent across the world.
Fantastic.

Soldato
raz0rr said:
That would give the world a population of 7.05 Billion, which I'm pretty sure is not the case.

actually i think it might be up there by now. a few years back '97 maybe, it broke 6 billion. it could well be that large now.

Soldato
No Asian team could enter the second round.

'cos they were rubbish.

3. World Cup 2006 perhaps generated $25 billion of consumption boost in the world economy.
4. World Cup 2006 might have generated 0.25% economic growth to German economy.

No.

Watching World Cup matches in giant screen in many countries of the world (both rich and poor) in the open spaces became another new trend of World Cup Football this time.

No, it has been done for years.

The official website of World Cup Football became one of the most popular websites in USA! Unbelievable, isn't it?

Not really.

It was surely a SMS World Cup, as millions of SMS were sent across the world.

It happens every day...

What a lame article, and the level of English is shocking for a country whose official language is meant to be English :/

Back
Top Bottom