Deep Joy! Trudley remarkybold!

Man of Honour
Just been listening to a few old radio shows on a webcast and heard a name *and a language* I haven't heard in years.

If the title of the thread hasn't given it away it's Stanley Unwin. The creater of Unwinese.

Just hearing a little bit of it sends me into fits of laughter.

However - having found www.stanleyunwin.com which has some clips of him in full swing on it I'm one of the happiest people around at the moment.

Sadly though - he died in 2002 so the only exposure some people will have to him language is through comedians like Hugh Dennis who speak fluent Unwinese...well...kind of...

Anyway - does anyone know of anywhere that I can learn Unwinese?
Think it would be a cool thing to put on my CV.
Speaks a second language fluiently: Unwinese :D

But I'll leave the final words to Stanley himself....

Goodly Byelode loyal peeploders! Now all gatherymost to amuse it and have a tilty elbow or a nice cuffle-oteedee - Oh Yes!

Associate
Flibster said:
No - He's the ex-BBC Engineer who spoke Unwinese *Or gobbledegook as some call it*

;)

Simon/~Flibster

Yeah thats the one, remember him from when i was way younger mate. Thanks for the intresting post, off to read more....Deep Joy!

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
He played one of the royal aides in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang - he doesn't get much to say but from what I recall the little bits he does say were mostly Unwinese. :D

Man of Honour
OP
Managed to order a copy of his book....so am well on the way to learning Unwinese. :D

Anyway - Have a mighty-mighty goodley daylo.

;)

Simon/~Flibster

Back
Top Bottom