CoolerMaster Stacker 830 V P180

Associate
I prefer how the P180 looks over the coolermaster but like you I am not sure which to go for. I was looking more at the Lian li case's or any that resembled the P180. I like how it's just plain and simple and everything is hidden behind the door. If anyone has pictures of the P180 it would be cool to see them.

Incidently the links do not work for me either.

Imy

Imy

Soldato
Looks are all down to personal taste really.

A lot of people on here like how the Lian Li's look but I think their exterior design is dated and boring. Apart from that one that looks like a snail, its not dated but it certainly is ugly!

Unless something else catches my eye in next couple of months, I'm probably gonna get the Stacker 830 for a file server. I'll post pics etc when I'm done.

Last edited:
Soldato
Links don't work at all ;)

The Stacker and P180 are two very different cases, the stacker is about twice the size for a start.
The P180 isn't built hugely well, (in comparison to Lian Li etc) and the Stacker is even worse, low quality materials meaning the side panels are floppy etc.

Lian Li's whole design is not to look "trendy," they're tmieless in their design, they won't looks stupid in 10 years time like the current crop of gamer cases.

Imy

Imy

Soldato
Its hard to tell if you're still going to like your Lian Li in 10 years time. Going on the past 10 years, things have changed so much that you most likely wouldn't be able to fit the latest components into a 10 year old case, negating the fact if it still looks nice or not.

I know a lot of cases these days have 'unique' looks and there is a risk that in 10 years time you'll probably be embarrassed to show it anyone but I would still recommend that you get a case that you'll be most happy with now and say for the next few years. 10 years is rather long and its always nicer to have the latest things - budget permitting of course :D

I've thrown all my beige cases out. My current case is 3 years old and has similar looks to a typical Lian Li. Its very well built (1.6mm aluminium) and has a removeable motherboard tray. The problem is when I bought it, 80cm fans were the new thing in cooling, but now I don't think I'd use it to build another computer just because of that one thing.

Ok I've waffled on pointlessly - I'm just trying to say, no one knows whats gonna happen in 10 years time so just get a case that you actually like now :D

Soldato
Links dont work as it was the search, thats 2 days old now! :o

Just dont get the Stacker 830, its rubbish. P180 over it everytime.

Imy

Imy

Soldato
How about the Thermaltake Tai-Chi? Similar specifications to the stacker, and has a unique look to it. It's also built like a tank - I doubt you'll find any bendy sides there. Its also near enough the same price.

Soldato
Comparing it to the P180 it still loses out in my books, money spent adding useless features rather than pricing it more competatively.

Its the way with Thermaltake, and if the OP likes the P180, then there is no good reason why he should not buy it.

Associate
PinkFloyd said:
The P180 isn't built hugely well, (in comparison to Lian Li etc) and the Stacker is even worse, low quality materials meaning the side panels are floppy etc.
So is the build quality of the P180 not very good then? What materials is it made from and what are other peoples opinions on it?

Soldato
In absolute terms the Stacker 830 is a fine case. In relative terms ie. compared to cases that cost roughly the same amount, it's poorly manufactured, difficult to set up and extremely bad value for money.

Back
Top Bottom