• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ATi's AVIVO Technology

Soldato
Hi guys,

I have been making a few newbish threads as of late, and believe me, this one is absolutely no exception! :D I am having the most difficult time trying to find out anything at all useful about ATi's AVIVO technology, specificaly tutorials on how to set it up and everything I can and cannot do with AVIVO.

I am using a PC with an X1800XT powering the video, and scattered around I have an Xbox (non-360) console and a Sky digibox. If possible I am trying to look into connecting the console and/or digibox up to my PC, so I can display the video through my 19" LCD as the TV in here is, to be honest, a pile of carp.

Any links to guides, tutorials, AVIVO for retards etc. would be really nice as well as any specific input from anyone with experience messing with this stuff.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely yours,
Úlfhednar.

Addition: I have just found a "Video 101" whitepaper on ATi's site, going to see if it's at all helpful.

Addition: Nope, that was about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Last edited:
Don
Úlfhednar said:
Hi guys,

I have been making a few newbish threads as of late, and believe me, this one is absolutely no exception! :D I am having the most difficult time trying to find out anything at all useful about ATi's AVIVO technology, specificaly tutorials on how to set it up and everything I can and cannot do with AVIVO.

I am using a PC with an X1800XT powering the video, and scattered around I have an Xbox (non-360) console and a Sky digibox. If possible I am trying to look into connecting the console and/or digibox up to my PC, so I can display the video through my 19" LCD as the TV in here is, to be honest, a pile of carp.

Any links to guides, tutorials, AVIVO for retards etc. would be really nice as well as any specific input from anyone with experience messing with this stuff.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely yours,
Úlfhednar.

Addition: I have just found a "Video 101" whitepaper on ATi's site, going to see if it's at all helpful.

Addition: Nope, that was about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

lol @ chocolate teapot :)

Stelly

Soldato
OP
fenderbass86 said:
Do you know how to set it up?
Not a bloody clue, lol.

Like I said I got TV-out working just fine but this is totally new to me. So far what I have tried is using the yellow composite cable from the yellow thingy on the back of the Sky digibox (also tried a SCART converter) and connecting it, via the composite/s-video converter, to the thingy on the back of my X1800XT. I've made sure I am using the "in" part of the converter too (made the opposite mistake when attempting TV-out.)

Beyond that, I have no idea of what I am supposed to be doing. :( Can't find a guide of any sort either.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
fenderbass86 said:
That's a bad choice by ATI then, i'll have a look round for some guides if your still interested.
Aye, I cannot seem to find one shred of a manual or a guide for doing this anywhere online and nothing at all came in the box. Kind of miffed about that.

Thanks for having a look for us mate, it's appreciated. I know this is possible because people have done it before, but the n00b is strong in this one sometimes. :(

Don
fenderbass86 said:
In which case there is nothing out there to go by. I find that rediculous.

I agree, I mean there is a couple of white papers about the techology and some driver things, but it sill that there are no user guides

Stelly

Soldato
OP
Stelly said:
I agree, I mean there is a couple of white papers about the techology and some driver things, but it sill that there are no user guides

Stelly
Yup, definitely ridiculous. Some of us are idiots. :( We need guides! :(

Back
Top Bottom