Best way to post 2 Bicycles

Soldato
I know, I know. It's my second thread on cycles in GD but it's my last one! (Besides, this is more general)

Can anyone give me some advice on how to send two mountain bikes via a currior service or any other meathod? (Selling them on the Bay)

Has anyone sent bikes before?

Soldato
take them apart and post 'em in a box?

Ride them over, train back.

I've never sent a bike via courier before, maybe it'd be cheaper to rent a volvo estate / transit for the day and drop them off yourself?

Permabanned
eXSBass said:
I know, I know. It's my second thread on cycles in GD but it's my last one! (Besides, this is more general)

Can anyone give me some advice on how to send two mountain bikes via a currior service or any other meathod? (Selling them on the Bay)

Has anyone sent bikes before?

Melt them down and pour them into the drains.

At the far end, the recipient can turn on their taps and pour the liquid into a mould which, upon cooling will re-form the bikes.

Hey presto, free postage.

Soldato
OP
Visage said:
Melt them down and pour them into the drains.

At the far end, the recipient can turn on their taps and pour the liquid into a mould which, upon cooling will re-form the bikes.

Hey presto, free postage.

Not in this century ;)

And monkey dude, I can't/don't know how to drive :D

Associate
Where are they going to and from? I would've thought the best way of sending one would be to go to Halfords and ask nicely if you can have one/two of the bike boxes they normally scrap, and then post it Royal Mail. See here

Sic

Sic

Soldato
cheapest way is a courier. a mate of mine did it, and RM were going to bend him over, lube him up and slip him 12" for using them

Soldato
OP
Sic said:
cheapest way is a courier. a mate of mine did it, and RM were going to bend him over, lube him up and slip him 12" for using them

Ha ha ha ha!

Sic. Do you recon you could do me a favour mate? Could you ask him for any details on how he did it exactly or even any advice that could help me in my situation.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom