Dental Phobia

Soldato
Hey all, NOT a medical advice thread but more of a - never had a dental injection before for a filling. Everyones told me its fine, but im still abit nervous ! :(. Where abouts do they inject you ? I assume not in the bright pink area immediatly above or below the tooth, but the soft tissue above/below that? Are all the injections on the outer side of your teeth (the roof of your mouth and under the tounge seem to hard a tissue to inject into ? :confused: ) anyone whos had the dreaded injections before let me know ! lol

Sic

Sic

Soldato
to be honest, i know they don't hurt, but it's kinda hard to remember exactly where they were in my mouth. if memory serves, in the gum, outside below the teeth (i had mine in the bottom row of teeth).

it doesn't hurt at all, but it feels well funny for the rest of the day after...makes you talk like a bit of a ****

Associate
I think your thinking about it to much, the pain is hardly pain its just a little twinge.

You need to take your mind of the fact that the dentist is actually sticking a needle into a specific part, if i were you i would try to think about something different when it actually happens ;)

Soldato
Its in the harder area where the roots of the teeth would be i think, doesnt really hurt - you feel a sharp pinch that lasts all of a second, then the numbness begins, sorted.

You'll be fine.

I had a root canal done recently, that was a bit wierd :o

Associate
I don't get injections to get fillings out. I have a fear of needles and refuse to get anything done when a needle is involved. Fillings aren't incredibly painfull without injections so if you're worried about getting the injection ask them not to use it like I do. It doesn't hurt as much as you would think.

Associate
Last time I had a filling, they injected me at the back of my gum. Run your tongue along the bottom row of teeth, where that row stops is where they injected me. It's fairly tough gum but it doesn't have very sensitive nerves there so you barely feel it.

Not to scare you though, but what you should be more worried about is the injections not actually working very well.

I had to have 5 injections because it wouldn't numb my mouth properly. At the finish I just told my dentist to get on with it and put up with the pain. My face was almost completely numb but I could still feel my gums and her drill, and it hurt :confused:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom