Lian-LI V300 Review

Associate
It arrived today after ordering yesterday, BUT:

Seems the place the button attaches has collapsed in :(

-deleted-

Edit - might have fixed it, but now have a bug in my screen :mad:

Double Edit - bug gone and v300 fixed. Turn out it was just the switch was not locked in inside and just clicked into place :)

Have to say this case is a stunner. Is a lot smaller and lighter than i was expecting. Don't have a cluse how i'm going to be able to hide off all the cables from tagan 580W though!

If you think you might like it BUY IT it is amazing!

Last edited:
Associate
got mine today its great, just experimented a little (i'm not going for overclocks) - not sure what spec to put in it yet either.
I'm using 80mm alphacool radiators, which i'll join in series i think.

DSC00146.JPG

DSC00147.JPG

DSC00148.JPG

Associate
probably behind the res, maybe using a Laing DDC, plenty of space for one theres 2 bays of height to play with (enough space behind dvd drive)

Associate
I'll probably stick with onboard for now, or maybe mod it, I'll check clearance later, im aiming to watercool with as little modifications to the case as possible,
think i'll replace the cover screws with some socketed allan key bolts tho - the screws are the nastiest part about this case imo. :)

Associate
I know what you mean about the screws, they're not too bad but it would be nicer if they used hex head screws as philips heads have a tendancy to strip too easily. Especially when the aluminium starts to bond with the screw :( I still have one screw preventing me from removing one side of the case, I can't find the one screw driver I have that I know would be the best fit.

I've being thinking about watercooling mine, I'd probably go for two 80mm rads too. I didn't realise a pump would fit behind a cd drive. One issue I thought of, may not be an issue though. A graphics card block tends to have the tube fittings off the side of the card, would they not be in the way of sliding the mobo tray in and out? They may even get in the way of the bottom of the HDD cage.

Associate
I'll think about the gfx card block later, tbh once its set up there's no real need to slide the tray out again :)
A laing DDC *should* fit somewhere in the case or another small pump (it should fit great behind the repack res - the res is only about 60mm deep) Itll keep tubing use down too.
I just hope theres clearance for the fittings on the radiator - should be more than enough (probably 10mm or 11mm pipe with screw fittings) i guess i could go overboard and use half inch ;)

Last edited:
Associate
Nixeh said:
Its an ace case... though nothing is sat in it atm :( well sucks. Cant wait to get watercooling in this modified bady boy though.

Also 2 windows of course and maybe some red lighting on the inside and maybe in modified feet.

W/C, Red Lighting and 2 windows in a Alu case - sounds nice - get to work! Now ! :D

Associate
Moved my system into mine yesterday. It's a tight fit with 2 opticals and 2 HDDs, there are far too many cables around everywhere so am going to have to get that sorted. But i'm having to use an external PSU at the moment as my Tagan 580w wont fit in! :( Am ordering a seasonic 430W soon though.

Has anyone else built a system in one yet? Did everything fit? How quiet is it and have you got bezels on your drives?

Arc

Arc

Associate
luna_s said:
got mine today its great, just experimented a little (i'm not going for overclocks) - not sure what spec to put in it yet either.
I'm using 80mm alphacool radiators, which i'll join in series i think.

DSC00146.JPG

Ah, someones had the same thought as me ;).

Thinking about getting one of these and mounting the pump etc on the empty drive bay side, if theres space. Will need to get one and start test fitting.

Soldato
luna_s said:
I'll think about the gfx card block later, tbh once its set up there's no real need to slide the tray out again :)
A laing DDC *should* fit somewhere in the case or another small pump (it should fit great behind the repack res - the res is only about 60mm deep) Itll keep tubing use down too.
I just hope theres clearance for the fittings on the radiator - should be more than enough (probably 10mm or 11mm pipe with screw fittings) i guess i could go overboard and use half inch ;)

I'll be interested to see how your build turns out.
It'll be a good mod if you can get all that in along with power & comms cables for the rest of the system. :)

Associate
I'd cut away the bays on one side in order to mount pump, res etc and get a new side panel made with any appropriate holes needed (aquatube perhaps?).

That way you could gain some clearance for GFX cards and keep the whole thing neat.

Associate
I am going to use a Black Ice Pro II in the front-top of the case.
Bit like a guy on ocforums did here.

I am going to get a 7900GTX in it, so the entire drives bay will be removed I think. Haven't got the case yet, so can only speculate at that for now.

Back
Top Bottom