England v Pakistan **spoilers**

Soldato
A great performance by the lads today, with 3 excellent centuries, then some good bowling to put us in a very good position, going into the third day.

One downer, Geraint's performance won't help his cause. :(

Soldato
Just got home and checked the score :D

Pak on 409-7. Yousuf on 185 not out, I really really hope he gets his double hundred tomorrow. He's pretty much saved us this game, looks likely to be a draw now with only 2 days play left.

Man of Honour
OP
528-9 dec & 258-7 v Pakistan 445, a lead of 341 going in to the last day.
Strauss got a ton in his first Test as captain:)
Looks like it's heading for a draw though unless we declare early & Monty can get some spin. He should be able to but they're good players of it...

Soldato
JohnnyG said:
I think losing 3 early is the only way a win for either side is likely:/
Your lad Jones is walking on thinner ice now I'm afraid mate:(

I think his time is up now, although he did take 5 in the Pakistan innings, his batting just isn't up to scratch. :(

Man of Honour
OP
...which is odd as this time last year it was his keeping that let him down. Maybe he's put too much emphasis on that in practice recently, he can certainly do both but not at he same time it seems & the years are catching up on him.

Soldato
I can understand what Strauss was doing, with players like Afridi and Razzaq in the team as well as Imzy, if he set them a tempting target they may well have got it. It's the first match of the series, so all is not lost by only drawing this one. Apparently Fred might replace Plunkett in the next match allowing Bell to keep his place. Plunkett has been pretty poor this match, but I'd like to see another bowler in there, even if it would be harsh on Bell who has played well in this match and had agood series over in Pak in the winter.

Man of Honour
OP
Plunkett is our for the next 2 Tests at least, so Mahmood should replace him in the only change. OT is his home ground & it's very quick there at the moment so he should do well, shame we haven't got Freddie, he bowled like lighting there a couple of weeks ago, how unlucky is he?:(

Back
Top Bottom