• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Conroe retail stepping!!! Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Drazic said:
retail stepping cpu's so far are not clocking that good but are made with the newer stepping being B2 Stepping 6

This will look poor over all the ES one and there were a lot of the B0 Stepping 4's made.

ES was also b1 stepping 5 nd this all came as some retail ones.

okay i'm still missing it, how is showing how a ES overclocks going to give us insight into how the b2 stepping 6 retails will overclock? i don't even want to see his benchmarks nor really care what marks he gets, i'm saying, how would they help prove the point of this thread, that the retails clock badly.

i've seen one thread where, no offence if he posts here too, he is clocking while undervolting mem at first which was why it was unstable, isn't clocking the fsb, he's only raising the multiplier one at a time, its posted at 3.73Ghz already but he couldn't get into windows there, this is on the stock sink only (which he says is smaller than a prescott EE sink ) and is hitting 70+ on load at 3.46Ghz. i don't see how any of that proves retails clock badly, to me it says he can't overclock worth a damn, has no clue at all what he is doing and we shouldn't really base any opinions on how his chip "appears" to be doing.

Wise Guy
Soldato
Drazic said:
DSCF2969.jpg

^ Oh that the magic b0 stepping 4 Cornroe E6700ES which is mine

.::lawrywild::. said:

Now ones a Conroe, and ones a celeron. hmm or are they both celerons? Funny the way it's so hard to tell what they are when they have been lapped aint it. ;)

Soldato
Sem said:
i dont get it

why lie about stuff like this?

what do you possibly have to gain

A pump-up version of an e-penis?
Attention?
"Brag rights"?

Personally, I'm still waiting for screenshots of his own OC of his own chip. Been waiting for awhile...

So... :confused:

Associate
Mr Mister said:
5 stars!!! This thread is better than the snot on the mobo one.

OcUK should have a new section on the forums where all classic threads end up (I've seen them on other forums). This thread & the snot one deserve a place there. :D

Associate
CS||nuTs said:
I used this mod on my last opty and it hit 3.3ghz

Upped the voltage and hit 8ghz

:) :) :)

Good clocks there and on stock volts as well!!!

Bet the wife was out there when you stuck the bust chip on top the ornaments for the photo - how you do that much damage to thos pins?

Soldato
Took it out to fit the XP120 i bought off you Ted.Between taking it out and walking to the kitchen i just dropped it,was trying not to get as5 allover my fingers so just had it inbetween thumb and finger.

Wise Guy
Soldato
CS||nuTs I have an ex girlfriend from the philipines, she works on Intel chips, she puts all the transistors in place on the Intel chips, she could fix that opty for you (mind you, the pins would be like telegraph poles to her, she's only 1mm tall, honest)

:D

Soldato
Bundles said:
Now why would i give you an ex girlfriends contact details? after all she's my ex and, erm, nothing at all to do with me :confused:

:p

Precisely, or you could have started swearing, becomes over protective and clam up... :D

Associate
All joking aside, the main objection to be had here is that you cannot make a sweeping statement like this regarding steppings unless there is some evidence to support it.

This isn't a personal attack in any way, I'm just saying that people aren't going to be willing merely to take peoples’ words for things when it concerns such important information. If you’re going to claim that a certain chip or stepping is a poor one, people are going to expect to see results and to my mind there hasn’t been nearly enough testing done on the B2 stepping to determine how well they perform. If you are privy to some information that we are not, then by all means share it, however you can bet people are going to want to see proof as the only results we have seen so far have been a handful of retail chips.

My personal take on this is that, as an Intel employee has stated on XS, stepping B2 contains one small minor change from B1 that the vast majority of people will, and I quote, “never encounter”. Therefore I’m inclined to think that B2 will be of similar overclockability to B1. However, obviously I’ve not got access to any retail chips, this is merely my theory and I present it as such, I do not make it out to be fact.

This is where the key difference is, if it is your opinion that B2 will be a poor clocking stepping then it must be clear that this is your opinion, an even then backed up with your reasons for believing so. If you are going to present it as fact it must be supported accordingly; with hard facts instead of mere speculation or personal opinion.

Like I said, this isn’t a swipe at you, just trying to clear a few things up. :)

Edit: I didn't mean to labour the point, but you get the idea.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom