My xbox 360 came :D:D !!

Associate
salami1212 said:
if you complete a game on hard instead of normal, do you get more gamer points. and also, say if u did the game on hard, then did it on normal, would you get points for doing it on normal aswell

Some games do , some don't. GRAW has points for each level you completed on normal then each level you complete on hard :)

Caporegime
Yewen said:
The acount name is transferable. You have it tied to your .net passport.

And the cheapest you can get the wifi adapter for is £55 I think, well worth the money as it just 'works'.

Couldn't agree more.
I didn't mind paying £60 at all, after all, I'll pay £40 for a game and play it for a couple of months at most, whereas I will use the Wireless adapter for 4 years.

Caporegime
salami1212 said:
if you complete a game on hard instead of normal, do you get more gamer points. and also, say if u did the game on hard, then did it on normal, would you get points for doing it on normal aswell

Some games you unlock all the difficulties below it, i.e. Project Gotham Racing or Perfect Dark Zero, but some need completing on all difficulties such as Ghost Recon or Hitman: Blood Money.

Soldato
OP
if i played cod 2 on hard, would i get more points then normal say. and then if i completed normal afterwards, would i still get points. Also, paul, can you change it to "SaLaM1" (5 gamer score :D)

Caporegime
salami1212 said:
if i played cod 2 on hard, would i get more points then normal say. and then if i completed normal afterwards, would i still get points. Also, paul, can you change it to "SaLaM1" (5 gamer score :D)

You only get gamerscore for Call of Duty 2 for playing in Veteran mode. You wouldn't get any points for completing it in any other way. If you go to your dashboard and select your gamertag there's an option to see any games you've played, if you select that you can see what the achievements are for. It will tell you there that they are for completing Call of Duty 2 in Veteran.

You could also go to any numerous Achievement websites, http://www.xbox360achievements.org for example.

All the gamerscores update automatically over a specific time no the-reviewer.

Suspended
i finally bit the bullet and ordered one, £300 for the premium, plus fight night, project gotham, oblivion, halo 1, halo 2, doa 3 and the vga cable and wifi dongle, im prayin it arrives on time on saturday!

Soldato
Arsey said:
Can u add me to that?

Arsey01 is gamertag

Added, theres a big thread full of everyones xbox live name's. Should be a sticky if you ask me :p

salami1212 said:

Done :)

Paul ...

Last edited:
Suspended
ra5a-libre said:
woah some nice choice of games ;)
aye, was off ebay, just picked up burnout revenge or £23 from a forum, now i just have to get rid of oblivion as i played the pc version and didnt like it

Soldato
OP
gib786 said:
i finally bit the bullet and ordered one, £300 for the premium, plus fight night, project gotham, oblivion, halo 1, halo 2, doa 3 and the vga cable and wifi dongle, im prayin it arrives on time on saturday!

what does that do? is it wireless internet for live?

also is the only wireless hardware that will work with xbox live that £60 wireless thing?

edit: and can u get gamer points thru demos?

Edit: also, say if u dont have a hard drive or memory card, can you hav a gamer account?

Last edited:
Soldato
salami1212 said:

also is the only wireless hardware that will work with xbox live that £60 wireless thing?

Nope cant get points through demo's even though it shows up in your played games on xbox.com

Paul ...

Soldato
OP
salami1212 said:

Edit: also, say if u dont have a hard drive or memory card, can you hav a gamer account?

any1 answer the other questions?

Caporegime
salami1212 said:
any1 answer the other questions?
Yeah, you can as all your information is saved onto your online gamertag via the passport network.

However, it would be exceedingly hard to actually get anywhere on any games without being able to save the game data (which isn't stored).

You would also have to continually add your gamertag details onto the Xbox360 I believe.

Soldato
salami1212 said:

It means you can have your xbox in your living room and PC in another room, so yes its wireless internet for your xbox.

I believe people have tried to use other hardware but with little success. The official wireless jobby is the way to go if you want wireless for your 360.

Soldato
NokkonWud said:
You only get gamerscore for Call of Duty 2 for playing in Veteran mode.
Well, ~90% of the gamer points are for Veteran. You get a few for completing training and some for completing the game on any setting, but if you want them all it has to be done on Veteran.

Actually popped onto this last night for a little while, cant remember why I didnt get further on it previously although maybe the anger running through me last night after failing to reach checkpoints might have something to do with it :D

Man of Honour
salami1212 said:

The wireless adapter allows the xbox to connect with a wireless router, so you can play on Live wirelessly, and also connect to other Xbox 360s and PCs. There are 3 ways you can connect to live:

Ethernet cable to Router/Modem
Official WiFi through wireless router
A Wireless bridge, as seen here

Demos, I don't think you can get points from them, though I'm sure there's always the possibility.

I've not played a 360 without a HDD or memory card, so I guess you'll just have to re-enter an account every time you switch on. Though you don't need to worry about that as you've got a premium anyway.

Soldato
From what I've read, Live doesn't work without a hard drive/memory unit, even if you re-enter your details every time.

May just be unclear on the websites though, and it may just be a case of having to re-enter details continuously.

As said before, you've got a premium, which comes with a hard drive, so it doesn't matter. :)

Back
Top Bottom