• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Socket 939 X2s

Soldato
In various posts I have been mentioning that I plan to upgrade in the near future for most of my hardware but I want to do it in stages really. Having just upgraded my memory to 2 gig but only DDR and not DDR2, I am not sure whether uprading to the new AM2 setup would benefit me. What I have been thinking as a compromise is to go to a socket 939 X2 and then getting the Asus A8N32-SLi Deluxe mainboard and PCI-E gfx card then. Now my current board is an Asus A8V Deluxe, will this run a 939 x2 in the interim period?

If not am I best just saving the pennies and going for the full AM2 setup later in the year and doing the graphics card at the same time? That would mean new mainboard, cpu and GFX card. If I went down this route would the 2 Gig of memory I have suffice?

I am a games player mostly and looking to play some of the hefty ones upcoming like Huxley, Quake Wars and BF2142.

TA

BA

Back
Top Bottom