Holiday comforts memory box (Ideas required)

Permabanned
Well one of my close girl mates is off travelling for two months with Travel America. Shes a bit apprehensive about going due to missing all of her dearest mates.

So I thought upon a little comfort memory box

box0dn1.jpg

Its 2.5"x2.5"x2.5" perfect little box.

This is made on the mega cheap using a Sieko label box, wrapped in an envelope and the flowers are bought and stuck on, the leaves and grass are cut from a MS XP HE manual cover (needed some nice green card).

Now I am considering putting some reminders and home jokes in.

-A mini bottle of Baileys (not sure how tall one is mind)
-A boot lace (she will be doing a lot of walking)
-Chewing gum (for the flight)
-A letter or something

Anyone else got any other suitable ideas?

Associate
How about a little pot of Marmite?

I met some girls in South America who were travelling round the world, and had a year's supply of Vegemite in their backpacks!

Permabanned
OP
Samtheman1k said:
How about a little pot of Marmite?

I met some girls in South America who were travelling round the world, and had a year's supply of Vegemite in their backpacks!

Nice idea but I don't think shes a marmite fan she doesn't like chocolate either so can't go for that.

Mat

Mat

Soldato
If you can find them, some American quarters in case she needs to make an emergency call, some photos of her nearest and dearest, something soft and cuddly (girls like that) and above all else, some tissues as this will no doubt make her cry...

Associate
Photos are always a nice bet - maybe a small one of you, and family. If you could get individual or group ones of friends, that would be lovely. An added touch would be to get each person to write a little note on the back of the photo, or enclose a small letter, even if it just a paragraph or so. I once received something similar before going abroad, and it was lovely.

Also, small things... maybe a little pack of haribo, as chocolate might melt; perhaps a little sachet of face mask (something that she can use as a luxury when things get a bit rough).

Suspended
a confort box, really? I hope you are female.

just give her some money or like a nice group picture. Like when i had my 21st i went out for a meal with some mates who proceeded to buy drinks for me all night. I got everyone a large photo from the night of us all.

or get her some KY for those big african men! :eek:

Permabanned
OP
geeza said:
a confort box, really? I hope you are female.

just give her some money or like a nice group picture. Like when i had my 21st i went out for a meal with some mates who proceeded to buy drinks for me all night. I got everyone a large photo from the night of us all.

or get her some KY for those big african men! :eek:

I am all testosterone, just taken her under my wing so keeping an eye on her :)

Mr Mag00 said:

Seems he knows more than he's letting on ;) :p

Permabanned
OP
Update

I took the box to Howells (like Harrods) and asked to look at a miniature bottle of Baileys the girls behind the counter all Awww-ed (I got a little embarrassed :o ) when I pulled the box out.

Anyway the box was given she got really emotional and started to cry but overall she loved the idea.

Thanks for everyones contribution and help :)

Associate
Spacky said:
Update

I took the box to Howells (like Harrods) and asked to look at a miniature bottle of Baileys the girls behind the counter all Awww-ed (I got a little embarrassed :o ) when I pulled the box out.

Anyway the box was given she got really emotional and started to cry but overall she loved the idea.

Thanks for everyones contribution and help :)

Aww i'm glad she liked the idea tbh it would have made me cry aswell. :o

Hope all goes well on her journey :)

Back
Top Bottom