• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7950 gx2 2000 score in 3dmark06?

Associate
Ok just built this rig 1 week ago. and simply cannot get this 7950 gx2 to get much above 2000 in 3dmark06. Clean winxp install with sp2 and using latest Nvidia drivers 91.31. All other drivers are installed and upto date. Had to update Bios to 0709 to recognize both Gpu cores and the nvidia control panel still says the mobo wont support Sli but surely I should be getting at least the score of a single Gpu?

Im starting to think this mobo does not support this gfx card fully?

Tried various other drivers using driver clean to always clean out the old drivers first.

Any help much appreciated

Cheers

Associate
That is not good :eek:

Can you not sell your mobo/cpu and get an AM2 combo? Or you could wait for Conroe, but if I'd just built a PC with a 7950GX2 I'd want it to work properly now!

How does it perform in games? Is it just 3Dmark that is performing so poor?

Associate
OP
3dmark03 - 9937
3dmark05 - 3166
3dmark06 - 2006

PANTS!!

Only just baught this board,cpu,mem and gfx. I have seen 1 post of someone saying they had this board and gfx card and it worked for them.

can play BF2 ok with maxed out settings at 1280x1024 and its playable but i still cannot play cod2 at a playable frame rate.

If I have to i will ditch this mobo and cpu
and buy a ANOTHER 1 :mad:

Associate
OP
If its possible i would like this to work but if all else fails. Then a mobo swap it will be. Would that Bad Axe Board still allow me still to overclock this cpu?

3dMark06 screenie.

3dmark069ei.jpg

Associate
OP
Could it just be a bios setting?

Also emailed tech supprt for this gfx card, i dont hold any
hope of an answer :(

Sorry for my impatience. but after splashing out on this
setup im eager to get it upto speed :D

And the next question is if all else fails, And a new mobo is the cure, is it possible to buy a board that will take this chip+OC it and maybe a Conroe later (is that possible).

Xmas is only 5 months away you know :D

Associate
Have to agree with goody.

Surely if it was a problem with the bios more then likely at least one of the two cards would work. And even one card working would produce a higher score then 2000 in 3dmarks06.

Associate
Have you installed the chipset drivers? as that doesn't look too good atall :eek:
I'd make sure it's seated properly and all the relavent power cables are connected. Maybe try a different rail and make sure the core and memory not underclocked by default for some reason.
What temps are you getting?

Last edited:
Soldato
Hawklord said:
Have you installed the chipset drivers ?

This is the answer i want. Have you installed your motherboard chipset drivers, i imagine the card is PCI Express so its not AGP3.0 your installing but the equivalent of.

I remember my first rig that underperformed graphically.. i hadnt installed AGP3.0. :rolleyes: :p

Associate
OP
Yes the chipset drivers are installed. used the ones of the supplies cd first. and it didnt work so used the latest ones 7.0.0.1019 (they are betas tho)

Lol @ PciE power being inserted. Yes it is in mate, but have been guilty of this 1 before and like you said very easy to do. :D

And to my dismay i dont know any 1 who has a PCI-E slot who would test it for me. Most people i know have prebuilt pcs that i mostly fix Lol.

Associate
hi there im running amd 4800+ with 4gig ddr, 2x sli 7800gtx 256, plenty of cooling delta fans galour, asus 32 sli board, i get 7480 3d mark 06, very happy with that, havint tryed the 05 mark as yet.

Back
Top Bottom